Rainy days can put a damper on your usual outdoor date night plans. Fortunately, there are plenty of creative ideas that can make your time spent indoors enjoyable and relaxing. Here are 20 fun date ideas for a rainy day:
1. Netflix marathon – Spend the day watching all of your favorite shows and movies while cozy on the couch.
2. Indoor picnic – Set up a special spot in your living room complete with a blanket, lights, and all the essentials for a romantic picnic.
3. Backyard campout – Bring all the comforts of camping inside and set up a makeshift campground in your living room or backyard.
4. Get creative – Spend the day working on craft projects together, from knitting to making pottery.
5. DIY spa – Pamper yourselves with homemade facial masks, relaxing baths, and a massage session.
6. Reading parlor – Put together a cozy reading nook with some pillows, books, and tea for you to settle in together with a good book.
7. Pretend it’s summer – Make summertime treats like ice cream and popsicles and have a dance party with all your favorite summer jams.
8. Board game night – Dust off some of your favorite board games and challenge each other to a friendly competition.
9. Bring the outdoors in – Get creative with some indoor gardening and add some indoor plants to your home.
10. Movie night – Get dressed up, order dinner in, and have an at home cinema night complete with candies and popcorn.
11. Bake off – Set up an indoor bake-off where you each have to work together to create a masterpiece.
12. Home-cooked dinner – Take turns making dinner for each other, from classic comfort dinners to gourmet creations.
13. DIY beer or wine tasting – Create your own beer or wine tasting night with your favorite drinks and snacks.
14. Virtual escape room – Test your skills together by solving puzzles in an interactive virtual escape room.
15. Play-Doh sculpting – Dig into a tub of Play-Doh and come up with some creative sculptures.
16. Paint night – Set up an at home paint night where you can get creative with a canvas and paints.
17.At home coffee shop – Set up your own coffee shop in your kitchen or living room, complete with coffee, pastries and drinks.
18. Puzzle challenge – Have some fun by competing in a huge puzzle competition.
19. Indoor mini golf – Create an indoor mini golf course with everyday items and have a mini golf competition.
20. Karaoke duet – Break out the karaoke machine and sing your hearts out together.