Intro: Communication is an integral part of any relationship, which is why meaningful conversations are important. Here are some conversation starters to help you get your relationship off to a great start!
1. Ask him what he’s most grateful for. This will give you both insight into his appreciation for life and the things he values most.
2. Share a funny story from when you were younger. These types of conversations can make it easier to laugh, relax and open up.
3. Discuss your thoughts and opinions about world events. This will help you get a deeper understanding of each other’s views.
4. Talk about what makes you unique as a couple. This could mean anything from the little everyday moments that you share to achievements you’ve accomplished together as a couple.
5. Gush about each other’s accomplishments. Showing appreciation for each other’s successes helps build an essential foundation to your relationship.
6. Ask what his perfect day would look like. You’ll get an idea of his interests and the things that bring him joy.
7. Talk about your favorite memories together. This helps keep the connection you have alive and remind you of why you’re together!
8. Speak about your hopes and dreams for the future. Doing this could give you ideas of things to work towards together.
9. Ask him what his favorite trait in himself is. This is a great way to show your partner that you appreciate and value all parts of him.
10. Share what makes you feel the most relaxed. Whether it’s a relaxing activity, taking a walk in the park, or spending time with a family member – talking about what relaxes you can create a fun conversation.
11. Talk about your earliest childhood memories. This will give you a better idea of your partner’s past and how it’s shaped who he is today.
12. Discuss your favorite books and movies. This is a great way to get to know your significant other on a deeper level and find out about their interests.
13. Share why you love your job. This will start a positive exchange about what you both do for a living and why it’s important to you both.
14. Talk about the things you want to do together. Having a list of things to look forward to can be a great conversation starter.
15. Ask him what he would do if he had one extra hour in the day. This is a great way to learn more about his hobbies, interests and beliefs.
16. Inquire about his favorite hobby and why he loves it. This will help if you’re looking for something to do together and might even give you a new hobby to try out.
17. Talk about what you admire the most in each other. This conversation helps you both understand why you’re together, and can bring a sense of closeness.
18. Ask him what his favorite flavor of ice cream is. Sometimes it’s the little things that show you care, and this is a great way to show affection and lighten up the conversation.
19. Talk about the importance of family. Ask him about his family, and how important it is for them to be part of his life.
20. Ask him what his spirit animal is and why. This is a fun conversation starter and can help you get to know your partner even better.