Introduction: Conversation starters are a great way to break the ice and get a conversation going with a guy. Here are 20 ideas to help you get started.
1. What do you think is the most important quality in a friend?
This conversation starter allows you to discuss why certain qualities are important, and it can lead to deeper conversations about values and traits.
2. What is the craziest or funniest thing you’ve ever done?
This will help you get to know each other and share a good laugh.
3. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
This will get you dreaming and talking about ideas for future travel plans. It’s a great way to learn about each other’s interests.
4. What’s the one thing you want to do most in life?
Getting to know someone’s ambitions is an interesting way to find out deeper aspirations.
5. What would people be surprised to learn about you?
Sometimes we have hidden talents that not many people know about. This conversation starter can help you learn something new and uncover a deeper layer of the person you’re talking to.
6. What do you think is the best invention of all time?
This is a fun way to evaluate the impact of different inventions on society.
7. Have you ever volunteered in any capacity?
Exploring a person’s volunteering activities can help you learn more about their passions and causes they care about.
8. What do you think is the most rewarding thing about being a guy?
This is an interesting conversation starter as it can get into a deeper conversation about male identity and how it affects life experiences.
9. Do you have any hobbies?
This conversation starter can help get to know about the other person’s interests and passions.
10. What small thing makes the biggest difference in your life?
This conversation can be a way to explore the importance of the little things and how it can go a long way to make a big difference.
11. What’s the last show that you binge-watched?
This is an easy way to get to know what kind of shows they like to watch and why.
12. What’s one piece of advice you would give someone just starting out in their career?
This is an interesting way to dive into a discussion about the challenges and successes in their workplaces and how to best navigate them.
13. If you could master any one skill, what would it be?
This can help you understand the person’s areas of interest and the skills they seek to master.
14. What do you think is the key to happiness?
Talking about this topic can help you both explore your opinions and learn more about what really brings joy.
15. What book was most impactful on your life?
This is a great way to tap into the books, authors, and personal stories that inspire and motivate other people.
16. What place do you feel most at home?
This can be an interesting way to talk about comfort zones and different places that feel special.
17. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend?
This topic can help you explore someone’s favorite activities and how they wind down from the week.
18. What would you do with an extra hour in the day?
Talking about how someone would use their extra time can help you find out about the activities and things that bring joy to someone’s life.
19. What superpower would you want to have?
This allows for a lighthearted and imaginative discussion and can help spark interesting conversations about what we wish we could do if it were possible.
20. Who do you look up to the most and why?
Exploring the people someone looks up to can provide deep insight into the individuals who help shape and impact someone’s life.