Introduction: Conversation starters can be an important tool for building and maintaining strong relationships, especially with a significant other. Here are 20 conversation starters to help you and your partner connect and share your thoughts more deeply.
1. Share a memory of us that you cherish.
This is a great starter for reflecting on shared experiences, recalling positive moments, and reconnecting.
2. Talk about a happy memory from your childhood.
This is a great way to get to know your partner more deeply and to encourage them to share stories that may have had an impact on their life.
3. What goals are you most proud of achieving recently?
This is a great conversation starter to show appreciation for the hard work your partner puts in to reach their goals, as well as gain insight into what they spend their time working on.
4. What do you appreciate in our relationship?
This is a great way to affirm your partner and tell them what you appreciate about what they bring to the relationship.
5. If you could create anything, what would it be?
This conversation starter can serve as an opportunity to get creative, have fun, and dream up new possibilities together.
6. What are three words that you would use to describe yourself?
This is a great question for getting to know your partner more intimately, understanding more about how they view themselves, and building self-confidence.
7. What was the best day of your life so far?
This is a great conversation starter for helping you and your partner reflect on positive moments in your lives, and to recognize and appreciate the joy that life can bring.
8. What are your biggest dreams?
This is a great question for discovering what your partner hopes for in life, creating a stronger connection, and giving a glimpse into your their passions.
9. What was your favorite thing that we did together this week?
This is a great conversation starter for making sure to keep the connection alive, even in the midst of daily routines and busy schedules.
10. What makes you feel most alive?
This conversation starter will help you and your partner to identify and share what excites and energizes them, providing greater understanding and connection.
11. What are three qualities that are important to you in friendships?
This is a great question for understanding your partner’s standards for friendship, and for expanding the conversation about relationships.
12. What qualities do you think make a successful relationship?
This is an important conversation starter for making sure to keep relationship goals and expectations, as well as each other’s needs, in check.
13. What was a funny moment between us that you will always remember?
This conversation starter is great for recounting happy memories, sharing laughter, and deepening the connection between you and your partner.
14. Would you prefer to receive a surprise or plan every detail?
This conversation starter is perfect for understanding and sharing preferences in planning and surprises, as well as making sure to accommodate each other’s needs.
15. What do you think our shared values are?
This is a great question for understanding the values that you and your partner hold the most dear, and for seeing how you both align when it comes to the beliefs that you hold.
16. If you could be any age, what age would you be?
This question is great for spurring an interesting and creative conversation about shared experiences and times of life, and for exploring perspectives about age and life stages.
17. What career would you want if you could choose any job in the world?
This can be a great way to talk about alternative career paths and what could be possible in life.
18. What is one thing you would like to learn together this year?
This conversation starter is perfect for discovering your mutual interests and to encourage growth together.
19. What do you appreciate in other people?
This is a great question for understanding what qualities your partner admires in others and in themselves.
20. What is something that you know you are good at?
This is a great conversation starter to encourage your partner to share their talents and to build their self-confidence.