Introductory Paragraph: Despite a popular belief that teenage guys may be shy or uncommunicative at times, there are numerous conversation starters that you can use to start a meaningful conversation with a teenage guy.
1. “Do you have any plans for the summer?” – This is an easy way to start a conversation with a teenage guy while allowing him to take the conversation wherever he likes, whether it’s about vacations, summer jobs, or anything else he’s excited about.
2. “What are you looking forward to this school year?” – This conversation starter engages the teenage guy in a positive way, allowing him to discuss his hopes and expectations for the year.
3. “What hobbies do you have?” – Teens tend to have a lot of hobbies, so asking about them can be a great way to get a conversation started and to get to know him better.
4. “What sports do you watch?” – Sports are popular among teenage boys, so asking about his favorite teams and games makes for an easy and enjoyable conversation starter.
5. “What’s something that you think adults don’t understand about teens?” – Teens and adults may have different perspectives on a variety of topics, so asking a teen to share his thoughts can open up a great conversation.
6. “If you could invent one thing, what would it be?” – This conversation starter gives the teenage boy the chance to express his creativity and share his ideas.
7. “What’s the best thing you’ve done this year?” – It’s always nice to hear about people’s successes, and asking a teenage boy about his can open up a positive conversation.
8. “How do you think your life will be different in 5 years?” – This conversation starter encourages the teenage guy to think about the future and to consider where he sees his life going.
9. “What books have you been reading?” – Reading is an important skill, so discussing what books excite and interest him can be a great way to start a conversation.
10. “What is something you’d like to learn more about?” – Asking a teenage guy what he’s interested in learning more about can be a great way to start a conversation while allowing him to explore his interests.
11. “What’s something funny that has happened to you lately?” – Sharing funny stories and experiences always makes for an entertaining and positive conversation starter.
12. “What kind of music do you like listening to?” – Music is a universal language that everyone can relate to, so asking a teenage guy about his musical tastes is a great way to get to know him better.
13. “What do you think is the most important quality for a leader?” – Leadership is an important skill for everyone and asking a teen what he thinks is essential for a successful leader can open up an interesting conversation.
14. “What was the last invention that you thought was really cool?” – Asking a teenage boy about the last invention he found interesting allows him to share his opinions on technology and current trends.
15. “What’s the last movie you saw, and what did you think of it?” – Movies are a popular pastime among many teens, so discussing them is a great conversation starter.
16. “What’s the most meaningful advice you’ve ever received?” – Asking a teen to think about the most meaningful advice he’s ever received can lead to an interesting and thoughtful conversation.
17. “If you could have a superpower, what would it be?” – This conversation starter is sure to spark some interesting answers and provide you with some insight into who he is.
18. “What is something you need to do that you have been avoiding?” – Asking a teen about something he has been avoiding allows him to be open about his struggles in a way that is safe and non-judgmental.
19. “What was the most challenging thing you learned in school?” – This conversation starter encourages the teenage guy to open up about learning and school, allowing him to discuss what was difficult and why.
20. “Do you have any pets?” – Many teens love animals, so discussing their pets and animals they’d like to own can be a great way to start a conversation.