Intro: Texting can be intimidating when you’re trying to make a connection with someone special. However, with a few conversation starters, breaking the ice and sparking up a conversation with your crush doesn’t have to be so daunting! Here are 20 conversation starters to text your crush and get the conversation flowing.
1. “What are you up to this weekend?”: This opener is a great way to start a conversation and find out what activities your crush is planning.
2. “What’s your favorite movie right now?”: Movies are a great way to open up, as you can elaborate on your favorite scenes and share your thoughts.
3. “What do you like to do for fun?”: This question can serve as a bridge to talk about hobbies, passions, and interests.
4. “What’s something you’re really proud of achieving?”: An inspiring question like this one can showcase your crush’s admirable qualities and can make them feel appreciated.
5. “What types of music do you like?”: If you have musical interests in common, this is a great opportunity to discuss them and potentially bond over it.
6. “What’s a recent breakthrough you made in an important problem?”: This question will show your crush that you’re interested in their projects and successes.
7. “If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go?”: Ask your crush to paint a picture of their dream destination and share their wanderlust with you.
8. “Strangest place you’ve ever been?”: An energetic opener like this will spark storytelling and creative sharing.
9. “What’s the most unusual thing you’ve ever done?”: This conversation starter keeps things light-hearted and fun, and it’s great for triggering a free-flowing discussion.
10. “Costumed parties– yes or no?”: A simple yes or no isn’t a satisfying answer here. Invite your crush to elaborate on their opinion.
11. “What’s the coolest thing you’ve learned recently?”: Show ignorance in the best way possible and get learning together with this exciting question.
12. “Which artist is currently inspiring you?”: If you both enjoy art, ask your crush to share which artist they’re currently admiring.
13. “What is your favorite thing about yourself?”: Everyone has something they like about themselves. Ask your crush to open up and reveal what it is.
14. “Do you have any pets?”: If you and your crush both love animals, you can share stories about furry friends.
15. “What superpower would you like to have?”: Dreaming up fun superpower ideas is a great way to help your crush open up and share their silly side.
16. “If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?”: See what kind of travel dreams your crush harbors and offer to be each other’s virtual travel companions for now.
17. “If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?”: If money wasn’t an issue, what would your crush do with a million bucks?
18. “What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever gotten?”: Asking your crush this question can lead to a productive discussion about life lessons.
19. “How do you handle stress?”: It’s good to be aware of each other’s coping strategies when things get tough.
20. “What do you like most about yourself that others don’t appreciate?”: Encourage your crush to share their best-kept secrets and boost their self-esteem.