Introducing conversation starters into an online conversation can be a great way to break the ice and keep the conversation flowing. Here are 20 ideas to get the conversation started:
1. What’s the most interesting thing you read or heard today? – This is an easy way to get the conversation started, by asking the other person to share something interesting they read or heard today.
2. What is one topic you would like to learn more about? – This encourages the other person to share their interests and open up the conversation to new topics they would like to explore.
3. Describe the best meal you ever had. – Asking someone to talk about their favorite meals is an easy way to get them to open up about their personal experiences.
4. What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done? – This is a great way to share interesting stories and experiences with each other.
5. What advice would you give to someone starting a new career? – Whether they’re looking for advice or just want to hear someone else’s success story, this conversation starter can get the conversation rolling.
6. What movie or show made you cry recently? – Talk about the emotional impact certain pieces of art can have.
7. If you could have dinner with one person, past or present, who would it be? – This allows both parties to explore their heroes, idols, and other interesting people they admire.
8. What is something that you think everyone should experience in their lifetime? – Talking about experiences can give you an insight into someone else’s outlook on life.
9. What new hobby have you recently taken up? – This can be a great way to share skills, tips and techniques with each other.
10. What was the last great thing you watched or read? – Talk about your mutual favorite pieces of entertainment.
11. What do you think are the most interesting developments in the world today? – Talking about current events can be a great way to spark interesting discussions.
12. What hobby would you most like to try but haven’t yet? – Share your hopes and dreams of learning something new.
13. What book had the most profound impact on you? – Discuss the ideas, characters, and events that left a lasting impression on the other person.
14. If you could have a superpower, what would it be? – Make the conversation more interesting by talking about a subject filled with possibilities.
15. What are some of the most interesting facts you know? – Share interesting bits of knowledge about any subject.
16. What celebrity do you think deserves more recognition? – Talk about who you feel is more deserving of be more popular and visible.
17. Who would you want to play you in a movie? – Discuss who you would want to bring your life story to the big screen.
18. What would you do first if you won the lottery? – Talk about the hopes and dreams you would make come true if money was no object.
19. What trends do you think should go away? – Talk about what you would like to have disappear from the public’s collective lexicon.
20. What time in history would you most like to visit? – Explore the different ages if history with the other person.