Whether you’ve just started dating or have been in a committed relationship for years, couples can always benefit from interesting, engaging conversations. Whether you’re looking to get to know one another better or just trying to pass the time, here are 20 conversation starters for couples to consider:
1. What do you think makes us an amazing couple? – This conversation starter can help you both recognize what makes your relationship so special.
2. What did you think about me the first time we met? – Learning what your partner initially thought about you can be revealing and entertaining to reminisce about.
3. What do you love about yourself? – This conversation can help build self-confidence in your relationship by reminding your partner to be proud of their accomplishments.
4. What’s something you’re passionate about? – Sharing what your partner is passionate about can help reveal something new about him or her.
5. What’s your favorite memory together? – Reminiscing on special moments of your relationship can help bring positive feelings and create new ones.
6. What motivates you the most? – See what inspires your partner to keep on going.
7. What’s your idea of the perfect date? – Talk about plans for an unforgettable date night.
8. What did you learn this week? – Talking about the things that each of you learned during the week can help keep you both informed.
9. What do you usually have for breakfast? – Get to know a little about each other’s morning routines.
10. What’s been your favorite birthday present ever? – Find out what your partner holds dear.
11. How do you show your love for someone? – List the ways that you both show your love for each-other.
12. What’s something you never want to do again? – Talk about experiences that you’ll never forget.
13. What do you think our children would look like? – Have a little fun and dream about what the future could hold.
14. What does a perfect day look like to you? – While it might never happen, it’s fun to create a dream day.
15. What values are the most important to you? – Seeing the things that your partner holds the highest value to can help you both understand each other better.
16. What do you need most in a relationship? – Learn what your partner needs most to feel satisfied in the relationship.
17. What songs remind you of us? – Celebrate the soundtrack of your relationship.
18. What do you think are our five strongest qualities as a couple? – Talk about what makes your relationship unique.
19. Where do you envision our lives in 5 years? – Talk about future plans, hopes and dreams.
20. What’s one thing you’ve never told me? – Come clean and connect at the same time.