Introduction: Starting a conversation with someone you’re interested in can be intimidating. Texting is a great way to break the ice without the pressure of a face-to-face interaction. Here are some conversation starters that can help you kick off a meaningful connection with a guy:
1. What are you up to today? – This is a great open-ended question that allows the guy to share a little bit about what’s on his agenda for the day.
2. What do you like to do for fun? – This question reveals the types of activities he enjoys and the type of lifestyle he leads.
3. What’s your favorite movie? – His answer could open the door for a great one-on-one movie night.
4. What did you get up to over the weekend? – This allows him to share parts of his life with you without getting too personal.
5. What do you like to listen to music-wise? – This is a great way to get to know each other’s music taste and potentially find a new artist or two to share.
6. Have you ever been to (name a place)? – This could be a great conversation starter to craft plans to visit together.
7. What’s your favorite outdoor activity? – A great way to find a new activity to do together.
8. What are you reading right now? – His answer could lead to some interesting conversations.
9. Are you a morning or an evening person? – A great way to find out what kind of schedule each of you work best with.
10. What part of the world are you from? – A great way to spark conversations about culture and similarities and differences.
11. What’s something you’ve been wanting to do for a while? – Prevents the conversation from becoming stale and sparks a lively exchange of ideas.
12. What would you do with an entire free day? – Fun and lighthearted, this question gets him thinking, and can open up conversations about fun things you can do together.
13. How do you like to spend time alone? – This question gets him talking about himself and his interests in a personal and intimate way.
14. Do you have any upcoming travel plans? – Talking about future plans or travel experiences can be a great way to bond with someone.
15. What were you like growing up? – This question can offer insight into the person he was before you knew him and how he got to where he is today.
16. What was the last thing you learned? – A great way to get him thinking and open up a lively conversation.
17. What’s something you’re really proud of? – This is a great way to flatter him, and get to know the type of things he values through his answer.
18. What’s the last book you read? – Again, this reveal his interests, and opens up possible topics for further conversation.
19. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received? – Insightful, this question will also give you a glimpse into his relationship with family and other mentors
20. What’s something tricky you’ve learned lately? – The answer to this question reveals a lot about his perseverance and growth.