Introduction: Talking to people can be awkward, but having conversation starters can make a conversation more interesting and enjoyable. Here are 20 conversation starters that will help you get the conversation flowing.
1. What did you do this weekend? This is a great way to get to know someone, learn about their hobbies and the events of their lives.
2. What are you looking forward to today/this week? This will give you insight into the things they most enjoy or positive experiences they anticipate.
3. Have you seen any good movies or TV shows lately? Movies and television shows can be a great way to connect with someone and learn about their interests.
4. What do you think of (an important recent news event)? This will start an interesting discussion on the latest issues or trends.
5. What inspires you? Conversation starters like this will give you an insight into the person’s values and perspective on life.
6. What are three things you cannot live without? This will help you learn about the things that are most important to the person.
7. Tell me about an interesting place you’ve been to? This will help you get to know about their travels and adventures.
8. What book are you currently reading? Knowing about another person’s interests in reading can be a great way to get to know the person better.
9. What’s your favorite holiday and why? This conversation starter will give a more light-hearted conversation, as you learn about the person’s favorite things.
10. What’s been the most interesting thing you’ve learned recently? This will give you a peek into the things they find fascinating.
11. Who are some of the people you admire? Learning about the people they admire can give you insights into the person’s values.
12. What’s the last dream you can remember having? Dream can be an interesting way to learn what the person has been focusing on and the things that have been bothering them.
13. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten? This is a fun and interesting way to learn about the person’s culinary experiences.
14. What’s your favorite thing about your job/school? This is a great way to learn about what makes them thrive and motivated.
15. What skills would you like to learn? This will give you a glimpse into what interests them and what kind of person they strive to become.
16. What’s the best advice you ever received? Knowing about the life advice a person has been given may shed light on their values and perspective on life.
17. What’s a funny story from your childhood? Childhood memories can be a great way to learn about their past, and their sense of humor.
18. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? Knowing what they’re interested in traveling to can be a great insight into who they are as a person.
19. What is your idea of a perfect day? This will help you learn about the activities and environments they prefer to be in, and the things they like to do.
20. What is the best thing that happened to you lately? This will allow you to learn about their recent successes and will show them that you appreciate the things they’re proud of.