Introduction: Starting a conversation with your teenage friends can be hard, especially if you’re having a difficult time thinking of something to talk about. To help you break the ice and get the conversation flowing, here are 20 conversation starters.
1. What’s the last thing you watched on Netflix and how was it? This is a fun way to get the conversation started, and you can talk about the show or movie you watch together.
2. What’s the best memory you’ve made with your friends? This is a great way to get nostalgic and reminisce about happy experiences.
3. What’s the most recent thing you learned in school? See what your friends are learning and understand what may be difficult or easy for them in school.
4. What was your favorite childhood toy? This can be a fun conversation starter, seeing what kinds of toys your friends liked when they were younger.
5. What’s something that you’re passionate about? See what makes your friends excited or what energizes them to do better in life.
6. What’s something that you would do differently if you could? Explore how your friends that they could’ve done better in the past.
7. What’s your favorite video game/board game? Chat about why your friends love certain games and maybe even start a competition.
8. What’s your dream profession? Talk about why certain professions interest your friends and how they can make it happen.
9. If you could create the perfect vacation, where would you go and what would you do? Discuss the ideas of your perfect vacation and maybe even plan one together.
10. What’s your favorite hobby? Exchange stories of how your friends came to enjoy their hobbies and what they enjoy most about them.
11. What’s the strangest thing that you’ve ever eaten? Laugh at some of the crazy experiences you might have had with food.
12. What’s the best book that you’ve read recently? Talk about why your friends liked the book and the various lessons to learn from it.
13. What’s an interesting myth or legend that you know about? Learn about myths and legends from different cultures and discuss why they may or may not be true.
14. What’s the craziest thing that you would do if you weren’t afraid? Have a great laugh discussing some of the outrageous ideas you come up with.
15. What’s your favorite holiday and why? Exploring why your friends love certain holidays and what memories they associate with them.
16. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? Share some of your wisest thoughts and what those words of wisdom meant to you.
17. What are some things that bother you the most? Talk about what causes anxiety and stress in your life and how to better cope with them.
18. What’s the most meaningful gift that you￼’ve ever received? Chat about gifts that have made somebody’s day or even changed their life in some way.
19. What makes you feel most empowered? Understanding why your friends feel strong and powerful in certain situations.
20. What would you change about the world if you could? Talk about what needs to be done to make our world a better place for all.