Conversation starters for Hinge should be light, breezy words of engagement to begin a meaningful dialogue rather than a thoughtless recitation of surface-level topics. Here are 20 examples of conversation starters that you can use to get the ball rolling:
1. What one superpower would you choose, and why? This can be a fun question to start the conversation with, offering insight into the other person’s values and ideals.
2. What’s your favorite movie and why? Movies can easily bring up a vast range of topics and provide opportunities for meaningful conversations.
3. What’s the most interesting thing you’ve read or heard lately? Show an interest in their knowledge and intellect, as well as gain insight into their pursuits and interests.
4. What’s the most daring thing you’ve done? This is an excellent conversation starter because it gets the other person to think about what makes them unique and daring.
5. What would you do if you had a million dollars? Use the thought experiment to launch a lively dialogue and take a peek into what the other person may value most.
6. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Use this opportunity to ask the other person about their favorite places and travel experiences.
7. What’s your favorite hobby? This is an excellent way to connect with the other person and find similar interests that you can share.
8. What’s your favorite season and why? Everyone has their own reasons for enjoying the different seasons and it can be a great way to learn more about each other.
9. Do you have any funny childhood memories? Let them take you on a trip to the past and uncover some of the good times.
10. What do you think of the current state of politics? Speaking about politics can provide valuable insight into their political views and beliefs.
11. What are the top three places you’d like to visit in the next year? This is a fun, light-hearted question that can launch a great conversation.
12. Do you have any crazy ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend stories? A past relationship status can provide a lot of great conversation material.
13. What’s your favorite thing about your family/friends? Enquiring about the people that they cherish can enable you to learn more about them.
14. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done for love? This question can lead to stories of old loves and the craziest things people have done for them.
15. What does true romance mean to you? By asking this question, it can reveal a lot about their own beliefs and experiences with love.
16. What are your opinions on the death penalty? Although this is a question that should be handled with care, addressing it can build up a great conversation.
17. What’s your favorite memory growing up? This question can bring up happy times that you can discuss together.
18. What would you like to do if you had an unlimited budget? A great question to prompt ideas and stories of fantasies that could come true.
19. What’s the craziest dream you’ve ever had? Dreams can provide an interesting look into the mind of the other person.
20. What would be the perfect day for you? This is a fantastic way to learn about their personality and interests.