Intro: A family gathering is an opportunity to spend quality time with your family, chatting and catching up with everyone. Here are 20 conversation starters to help get everyone talking.
1. How have things changed since our last gathering? This can give everyone a chance to catch up and tell stories about what’s changed since the last time you all got together.
2. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever gotten? This can open up conversations about different experiences and advice given out over the years.
3. What kind of things do you do for fun? Everyone can share their favorite hobbies and pastimes and it could even lead to discussion about trying something new.
4. What family tradition do you like the most? This topic can bring up happy memories and keep the conversation going on a more light-hearted note.
5. What is one thing you wish you had done differently over the last year? Everyone can share different perspectives, offering advice and support.
6. If you could do anything right now, what would it be? Listening to everyone’s ideas can inspire new conversations, while also adding a light-hearted feel to the gathering.
7. What’s your favorite thing to do in your free time? Learning about people’s favorite activities can help create more meaningful conversations and result in new ideas.
8. What’s the most difficult decision you’ve ever had to make? This can be an interesting topic to discuss with your family, as everyone may have different views on decisions and how to handle them.
9. What have been some of the highlights from the past year? This is a great way to reflect on the past and can help to bring up some of the best memories from the last 12 months.
10. What are you most looking forward to in the coming year? Giving everyone a chance to talk about their hopes for the future can lead to revealing conversations about life plans and dreams.
11. What recent accomplishment are you most proud of? It can be nice to hear everyone’s successes and recognize each other’s hard work.
12. What do you think is the best part about growing older? This conversation starter can get people talking about the pros and cons of aging and how it affects their lives.
13. If you could invite anyone, alive or dead, to the family gathering, who would it be? This can help to spark interesting conversations about people in the family’s past, as well as open up discussions about the family’s future.
14. What was something surprising that happened over the last year? Everyone can share their stories and experiences, reminding each other of the smaller moments that make life interesting.
15. What advice would you give to a younger version of yourself? This can create a thought-provoking conversation about life paths and choices, encouraging people to think about what their past experiences have taught them.
16. What do you think is the most important thing for a good relationship? This can be both fun and informative, with people sharing advice about relationships and life in general.
17. What is the most important thing your family has taught you? Everyone can share their views on the values and beliefs that have been instilled in them through their family.
18. What are the most cherished memories you have as a family? This conversation starter can bring up fond memories and help to create an atmosphere of love and appreciation.
19. What do you think the most important thing is to teach the next generation? This can be a great way to hear different points of view and gain insight into what the family members think is important to pass on to future generations.
20. What do you think has been the most interesting thing to happen in the world this year? This can get everyone talking about the significant events from the last 12 months and also provide an opportunity for people to reflect on how things have changed since then.