Introduction: Deep conversations lead to meaningful and fulfilling interactions, but it can be difficult to get started. Here are 20 conversation starters for deep conversations to help you out.
1. What is the most important lesson you have learned in life so far? – This question encourages an individual to open up about an important experience and provides an insight into their values.
2. What did you learn last year that has had the biggest impact on you? – This is a great way to gain insight into an individual’s evolution, to see if and how they have changed.
3. What was the most challenging thing you have ever done and why? – This question encourages an individual to dig deep and reflect on the difficult times they have faced, how they coped, and how they emerged.
4. If you could go back in time and give yourself advice, what would it be? – This allows an individual to consider the paths they have taken and reflect on the decisions they have made, helping to provide perspective on their current situation.
5. What do you think has been your biggest achievement? – This encourages an individual to reflect on the successes in their life and provides an opportunity for each person to recognize what is important to them.
6. What do you think is the greatest threat to humanity today? – This can lead to a debate on current affairs, as well as sparking a discussion on potential solutions.
7. If you could pick one superpower, what would it be? – This is a fun conversation starter that encourages people to think outside of the box and imagine the possibilities if they could do something extraordinary.
8. What do you think is the key to happiness? – By answering this question, individuals can express their personal opinions on what it takes to live a fulfilled life, which can help deepen conversations.
9. If you had to choose a patronus, what would it be? – This one is a bit of fun, but can lead to an intense discussion on what it means to have a guardian or protector.
10. What is something you are scared of, and why? – By exploring fears and insecurities, individuals can gain a better understanding of themselves and strengthen their relationships.
11. What is a way you could give back to your community? – This question encourages individuals to think about their local community, the issues it faces, and how they could make a difference.
12. What has been the most valuable lesson that your parents or guardians have passed down to you? – This is a great opportunity to learn the wisdom of generations and to reflect on how family values have shaped the individual.
13. What do you think are the qualities that make a good leader? – This question encourages an individual to think of the skills needed to take charge and run a team or organization successfully.
14. What do you think of when you hear the word ‘love’? – This conversation starter can help open a dialogue on emotions, relationships and the idea of love in general.
15. What do you think is the most important thing everyone should have in their life? – This encourages people to think about their individual needs, as well as considering the needs of others.
16. What career would you choose if money was no object? – This is a great question to get insight into an individual’s deepest passions and desires.
17. What superpower would you give every person in the world? – This encourages individuals to think of creative ways to improve the lives of everyone on a global scale.
18. What do you think happens after life? – This is a great way to start an open discussion on the unknown and explore the various theories of what happens after death.
19. What do you think is the most important thing a person can do? – This can lead to a discussion surrounding values, morality, and principles that people should strive to uphold.
20. What could you do right now to make the world a better place? – By enabling people to think of practical solutions, this question will help raise awareness of global issues and challenges and inspire individuals to take action.