1. What kind of music do you like to listen to? Music can reveal a lot about a person’s personality and preferences. Asking someone this question could spark a fun conversation and perhaps even lead to discovering common musical tastes.
2. What’s your favorite movie genre? Asking this question allows you to gain an insight into the type of stories and topics someone finds interesting or entertaining.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose? Find out what places someone finds most attractive and perhaps even end up sharing experiences and stories about them.
4. What hobbies or activities do you enjoy most? This can be a great way to get to know someone better, as they may have passions or pastimes that they devote a lot of time and energy to.
5. What books do you like to read? Books provide a window into the interests and influences of someone, and this can lead to a richer conversation.
6. What’s your favorite type of cuisine? Discussing food and flavors can be fun and could even end up leading to a food-related activity.
7. What charity or cause are you passionate about? This can help to identify shared causes or values, as well as helping someone to learn more about a particular cause that another person is passionate about.
8. If you could witness any event in history, what would it be? This conversation starter can provide information about a person’s knowledge and interests.
9. If you could interview anyone, who would it be? Find out who someone all-time favorite people are and spark an interesting conversation based on those figures or personalities.
10. What would you do if you were given an extra hour every day? This question can reveal someone’s priorities and what they enjoy doing most.
11. What did you learn from your last job or project? Find out more about someone’s work history and experiences, and what kind of impact they felt they made.
12. What is the craziest place you have been to? This could lead to stories about traveling and different cultures, as well as the more unusual experiences someone has had.
13. When was the last time you did something for the first time? This can be an interesting way to learn more about someone’s willingness to experience the new, as well as their stories about the most recent new thing that they tried.
14. What is the most important lesson you’ve learned in life? Discover more about someone’s biggest life lessons and the wisdom that they have accumulated over the years.
15. If money was not a factor, what would your dream job be? This can reveal a person’s ideal career, as well as what kind of skills and experience they would need to move closer to that goal.
16. What would you do if you had a million dollars? Discover what kind of dreams someone has and the extravagant lifestyle that they would buy with that money.
17. What’s the last thing you laughed hard at? This can not only help to lighten the mood, but also uncover a person’s sense of humor and topics they usually find funny.
18. What is one thing that never fails to make you smile? Find out what small moments that bring joy to someone, as this could be a great way to create more intimate conversations.
19. What did you learn from your best friend growing up? This can give a better insight into the kind of person that someone is, as well as the invaluable lessons that their friends have taught them.
20. What’s something that you’ve done that you are really proud of? This can help to uncover the most memorable successes and achievements that someone has achieved in their life.