Intro: Starting a conversation with your partner can be a great way to strengthen your relationship. Whether you’re looking for something serious or just looking to have some fun, here are 20 conversation starters for Black couples.
1. If you could pick anywhere in the world to visit, where would it be? – Going on a dream vacation can be a great conversation topic and help spark ideas of places to visit together.
2. What is your favorite childhood memory? – This can be a great topic to reminisce on and bring up other good memories.
3. What are your family traditions? – Families have unique ways of celebrating special events and doing things together. Talking about them can help strengthen the bond between the couple.
4. What was the last meaningful thing you did with your partner? – Talking about past experiences and future experiences can be a great way to connect.
5. What is your favorite Black culture news story? – This can lead to further discussions about important topics and help both partners learn and understand more.
6. Are there any trends or strategies you find yourself relying on too much in your daily life? – This can help partners evaluate and understand areas where they can improve and become more balanced as a couple.
7. What are your favorite Black movies and why? – This can lead to shared interests and provide good relaxing times for the couple.
8. How has the Black experience shaped your life? – Talking about experiences, feelings and emotions related to being Black can be a great way to get to know each other.
9. What is something new you’ve learned recently that fascinates you? – This can be a great way to exchange ideas and knowledge and stimulate the conversation.
10. What is the best advice someone has ever given you? – This will give the couple insight on the positive influences in each other’s life.
11. If you could switch places with anyone for a day, living or dead, who would it be? – This can be a great conversation on different perspectives and introduce new topics.
12. What are some of the values and traditions you want to pass on to how children? – Discussing how to raise children can be a great way to show understanding and appreciate each other’s values.
13. What are some of your most precious memories from your childhood? – This can bring up interesting conversations about childhood experiences and memories.
14. What is a unique experience you’ve had in your culture that has motivated you? – Talking about these experiences can help bring more understanding and appreciation for each other.
15. What are your thoughts on the Black Lives Matter movement? – Having conversations about these types of topics can create better understanding and help create deeper relationships.
16. What is the most important thing you’ve learned in the last year? –Taking the time to reflect and share on what you both learned can help create personal growth and relationship growth.
17. What are some of the biggest challenges you’ve faced in your personal and professional life? – Conversations of how you overcome difficult times and each other’s successes can be inspiring.
18. How do you and your partner handle disagreements? – Discussing how you work together to resolve any issues can help create a better understanding of each other.
19. What are some of the positive experiences in your life that have helped shape you who you are today? – This can be a great opportunity to learn more about each other.
20. What advice would you give to a couple who is just starting out? – Sharing advice can help the couple reflect on their own relationship and help appreciate their experience together even more.