Starting a conversation with someone you like can be a nerve-wracking experience. You don’t want to come on too strong or make them feel uncomfortible, but you don’t want to be dull either. The following conversation starters will help you strike a balance and get the conversation flowing.
1. “I love your shirt. Is there a story behind it?” – Showing interest in something they’re wearing is a great way to show that you like them and strike up a conversation.
2. “Do you have any fun plans for the weekend?” – Asking about things in their future reveals that you want to get to know them better and know what they’re up to.
3. “Have you seen any good movies recently?” – Get them talking about a shared interest like movies and then you can join in on the conversation.
4. “Are you a fan of any particular sports team?” – A simple question about their favorite sports team can lead to a longer conversation about the teams and their players.
5. “What was the best vacation you’ve ever taken?” – Talking about happy memories and fun experiences can be a great way to get the conversation started.
6. “Do you have any books that you’re currently reading?” – This shows that you’re interested in getting to know them and their interests.
7. “What’s your favorite thing to do in your free time?” – This can help you find out what hobbies they’re into and get them talking about something they’re passionate about.
8. “If you could pick one superpower, what would it be?” – This can be a fun way to start a conversation and get to know their personality better.
9. “What’s your favorite type of cuisine?” – Talking about food can be a great ice-breaker and help you find out more about their tastes and preferences.
10. “Do you prefer rainy days or sunny days?” – This is a lighthearted conversation starter that can reveal a lot about the person’s attitude and outlook.