Introducing conversation starters can be a great way to break the ice on a first date! Here are 20 ideas to help your conversation get rolling and make your date a success:
1. “What’s one thing you would like to do in the next six months?” – This question can help you get to know your date better, learn about their goals and dreams, and help the conversation stay lively.
2. “What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?” – This is a great conversation starter to help you uncover your date’s strengths and get them to open up about them.
3. “If you could pick one place to go anywhere in the world, where would you go?” – This conversation starter will get your date’s imagination fired up and help you tap into their inner wanderlust.
4. “What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?” – This will get your date telling stories and give you a sense of the kind of adventurous spirit they have.
5. “What is your favorite memory?” – This question can explore their happy experiences, helping you get to know your date better.
6. “What song do you currently have on repeat?” – Musical tastes can tell you a lot about your date and this question can start some interesting conversations.
7. “What’s your idea of the perfect date?” – This can be a great way to compare ideals and get an insight into what your date would truly enjoy.
8. “What charity or cause are you passionate about?” – This conversation starter can help you understand the kind of causes your date is willing to support and stand up for.
9. “What skill would you most like to learn?” – Exploring what your date wants to add to their skillset can give you insights into their personal and professional dreams.
10. “If you could invent a new holiday, what would it involve?” – This light-hearted question can lead to some interesting conversations and provide a chance to explore your creativity and imagination.
11. “What is the best book you’ve read recently and why?” – This allows you to bond over literature and discuss the ideas you both found impactful.
12. “What moment are you most proud of and why?” – This conversation starter gives your date the chance to tell you about something that made them feel great, which can help you get to know them better and understand them.
13. “If you could pick any superpower, what superpower would you choose?” – This fun question can lighten the mood and start some entertaining conversations.
14. “What scents would you choose if you could make your own signature scent?” – This is a unique and creative question that can help you think outside the box and get to know each other’s preferences.
15. “What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?” – This can help uncover core values and create some interesting conversations around life lessons.
16. “What movies or shows have inspired you the most?” – Movies and TV shows can tell us a lot about the beliefs and interests of our date so this is a great way to explore that.
17. “What’s the most beautiful place you’ve ever been to?” – This conversation starter can open up the conversation about travel and exploring new places, as well as getting to know something about your date’s aesthetic preferences.
18. “What is your favorite type of cuisine?” – Food is always a good conversation starter, and it can get your date talking about the flavors and dishes they appreciate.
19. “What hobby would you like to get into if you had the time?” – This is a great way to learn more about the passions and interests that inspire your date.
20. “If you could travel back in time and relive one moment, which one would it be?” – This question can help your date think deeply and look inwards, giving you an insight into what they hold dear.