Starting conversations with someone through text messages can be difficult, especially if you don’t know what to say. Here are 20 conversation starters to get you started:
1. What’s your favorite TV show? – This is a great conversation starter as everyone has a favorite show they like talking about.
2. Have you seen any good movies lately? – Everyone enjoys movies, so this conversation starter can help people learn more about each other’s interests.
3. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be? – This is a good conversation starter because it lets you learn more about each other’s dream destination and travel aspirations.
4. What was the highlight of your week so far? – This is an upbeat question that can kick off a positive conversation.
5. What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given? – This is an interesting way to share life lessons and experiences.
6. How did you get into your chosen field? – This can provide an insight into what motivates and drives the person.
7. What do you like to do when you’re not working? – This is a great way to discover what hobbies or interests the person has.
8. What would be on your ultimate bucket list? – This is a fun conversation starter because everyone has something that they want to do before they die.
9. What’s your favorite book or author? – Books are often a very personal thing and can quickly open the conversation up.
10. What makes you laugh the most? – Laughter is often the best medicine and so this can quickly help to break the ice.
11. What’s your favorite place to visit in your city? – People often have a favorite place in their city where they love to hang out.
12. What’s your favorite childhood memory? – Asking this can quickly provide deep insight into someone’s life.
13. What do you do to unwind after a long day? – People have different ways to relax after a stressful day.
14. What’s the best meal you’ve had recently? – Food is always a great conversation starter and people often remember the best meals they have had.
15. What’s the one thing you would like to learn more about? – People always want to learn more but may not know exactly what they want to learn.
16. What’s the best career advice that you have ever received? – This is a great question to ask as it could provide guidance or thoughts to the other person.
17. What’s one thing about you that nobody knows? – People often keep some things about themselves hidden and so this can provide new insight.
18. What’s the strangest thing you have ever eaten? – People have often had strange food in their life and so this can provide excellent experiences.
19. What’s the weirdest thing you have ever seen? – People have definitely seen some strange things in their life and this can be great for a conversational story.
20. What would you do if you had an extra hour in the day? – This can prompt people to think about what they would like to change in their day-to-day lives.