Introduction: Texting is a great way to keep a conversation going from day to day. Here are 20 conversation starters by text to help you get started!
1. What’s something new you’ve tried lately? – This is a great, open-ended question to help you learn more about your friend, and find out what new experiences they’ve had.
2. What was the best thing that happened to you this week? – This question invites your friend to share their positivity, and tell you all about the great things that have happened in their lives.
3. Do you want to hear a funny story? – Everyone loves a good joke, and your friend can end up laughing out loud as you tell a funny story.
4. What was the last song you heard that you loved? – Music is a great conversation starter, and your friend can tell you all about their favorite artists and genres.
5. What are you looking forward to this weekend? – Everyone looks forward to the weekend, and this is a great way to find out what fun activities your friend has planned.
6. What’s your favorite show to binge-watch? – With all the streaming platforms available today, it’s easy to suggest a new show for both of you to watch.
7. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be? – This is a great way to start talking about all the exciting places around the world, and what you would love to experience.
8. What’s your guilty pleasure food? – If you’re ever feeling peckish, you can always comment on the type of food your friend loves.
9. What would you do if you won the lottery? – This is always a fun daydream, and it’s great to hear how your friend would make the most of their hypothetical riches.
10. What’s your favorite article of clothing in your closet? – Everyone has that one favorite item in their wardrobe that they’re proud of, and this is a great way to start up a fun conversation about fashion.
11. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received? – People love talking about gifts they’ve been given, and you can use this as a starting point to find out what kind of presents your friend would love.
12. What would you do if you had an extra hour in the day? – An extra hour in the day is a bonus that everyone would love, and can help you both come up with ideas for how you’d make the most of your time.
13. If you could pick a superpower, what would you choose? – This conversation starter is perfect for unleashing your friend’s inner superhero and finding out what amazing feats they could do with their power.
14. What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received? – Everyone loves to hear compliments, and this can be a great way to start a conversation about all the admirable qualities your friend has.
15. What’s the best prank you’ve ever pulled? – Pranks can be a fun topic to talk about, and you can find out about the best prank ideas your friend has come up with, (or perhaps been a victim of!).
16. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done? – If you’re feeling brave, you could ask your friend about some of their wildest adventures – it’ll certainly make for an interesting conversation.
17. What’s the most interesting fact you know? – Everyone knows something interesting, and this is a great way to find out unusual facts your friend can share.
18. If you could bring one thing on a deserted island, what would you bring? – Whether it’s a jar of peanut butter or a laptop, this is the perfect conversation starter to get your friend imagining (and possibly planning) their perfect scenario.
19. What do you think the world will be like in 50 years? – This is a great way to think about the future, and you can start talking about all the technological, environmental, and social advancements that could come to fruition over time.
20. Who is your biggest role model, and what makes them special? – Asking who your friend’s role model is can provide a great chance to start a conversation about why this individual is so inspirational to them.