Intro: Socializing at parties can be daunting for some, so having conversation starters on hand can help break the ice and get the conversations flowing. Here are 20 conversation starters to get the party atmosphere buzzing.
1. What is your favorite party trick? – This conversation starter provides an opportunity for guests to showcase their party trick and get their peers laughing.
2. What is the one dish you always make for parties? – An activity such as this is great for sparking conversation among those in attendance, as people will be eager to share and discuss recipes.
3. Who or what has been the biggest influence on you? – This question encourages people to reflect on their life and allows others to get to know each other better.
4. What is the most memorable party you’ve been to? – People love sharing stories, and this is an interesting topic of discussion as everyone will have a different experience to bring to the table.
5. What’s the craziest thing that you’ve done at a party? – This light-hearted question can evoke some amusing answers.
6. What would you like to do this weekend? – This question will get people talking and can also set up new social plans for after the party.
7. If you could go to any music festival, which one would you choose? – Music festivals are a popular topic of conversation and can act as a good bonding point for those attending the party.
8. What was the best book that you’ve recently read? – A great conversation starter for those with similar interests in literature.
9. Who is your favorite music artist? – Use this conversation starter to get the party air flowing, as many people are passionate about music and will enjoy talking about their favorite artist.
10. What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten? – This question is likely to provoke some humorous answers as well as interesting stories.
11. What are your top three films of all time? – This question is sure to provoke a variety of answers and can help people find out more about each other’s interests.
12. What kind of hobby do you wish you had? – An ideal question for people to spark conversations about their dreams and desires.
13. Who is your role model? – A powerful conversation starter that can help those in attendance learn more about each other’s aspirations.
14. If you could be an animal, which one would you choose? – This can be a fun way of discussing everyone’s imaginative side and interests.
15. What new trends are you seeing in fashion? – A great way to encourage group discussion, especially if there are fashion lovers in attendance.
16. What did you study in university/college? – An engaging topic that can encourage sharing of experiences and open up dialogue between those with similar interests.
17. What type of food do you like to cook? – A great way to get the party in full swing, as discussing various recipes and eating experiences is always enjoyable.
18. What do you think has been the greatest invention ever? – An interesting and thought provoking conversation starter that can lead to some stimulating discussions.
19. What is the best holiday destination you’ve visited? – A conversation starter that can help those in attendance plan their next vacation and get to know each other better.
20. If you could time travel, where would you go? – A creative way of opening up conversations and helping people get to know each other better.