1. What made you decide to try online dating? This is an interesting opener to get the conversation going. It provides an opportunity for the other person to discuss what led them to try out online dating, and provides them with a chance to reflect on their own experiences.
2. What do you love to do when you’re not working? This is a great way to get a better sense of someone’s interests and hobbies. It provides insight into their passions and what makes them happy.
3. What’s your favorite kind of food? Everyone loves to talk about food, so this is an easy way to get the conversation flowing. Asking questions about someone’s favorite food can provide chances to learn more about their culture, favorite restaurants, and different cuisines they enjoy.
4. What’s one dream you have yet to accomplish? This conversation starter allows each person to express what they believe is still possible, and what they would like to explore and experience in life.
5. What makes you the most excited? This is a great way to understand what motivates someone and what sparks joy in their lives.
6. What’s the last book you read? Asking what book someone has read recently is an interesting way to learn about their taste in literature and also exchange book recommendations.
7. What’s your favorite place to travel? This provides a more personal look into someone’s past, and can provide insight into the types of places that they find the most enjoyable.
8. What TV show would you recommend me to watch? This is a great way to get a sense of someone’s interests and entertainment preferences. It can also lead to interesting conversations about the types of stories and topics each person find the most interesting.
9. What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done? A great way to start a conversation is to ask about the most daring thing someone has ever done. It can lead to interesting stories and provide insight into someone’s adventurous side.
10. How did you get into your current line of work? Asking someone about their profession provides a unique look into their career journey and the types of things that interested them throughout their working life.
11. What’s the worst thing that ever happened to you? Although this may seem like a strange conversation starter, it can lead to some deep conversations and reveal the character of the person you are speaking to.
12. What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given? This provides an opportunity to learn from someone’s life experiences and the lessons that have been helpful to them in their life.
13. What’s your favorite thing about yourself? Asking about someone’s favorite thing about themselves is a great way to learn more about their self-esteem and confidence levels.
14. Who are your role models and why? This allows you to learn who the person admires and values, as well as what qualities they believe are important to have in a role model.
15. What would you do if money weren’t an issue? This conversation starter allows people to explore their wildest dreams and ambitions.
16. What’s the most interesting thing you’ve ever experienced? This is an interesting way to start a conversation, as it invites people to discuss interesting, unique, and exciting life moments.
17. What’s your favorite form of entertainment? This is a great way to get a better sense of the kind of movies, shows, music, games, and activities that someone enjoys.
18. What’s the best thing someone has ever said to you? Asking this question offers an opportunity to learn more about the types of compliments that make another person feel appreciated and valued.
19. What would surprise people most about you? This is an interesting conversation starter, as it allows the other person to reflect on the unique or unexpected aspects of their personality.
20. What would you like to learn more about? This is a great way to understand what type of knowledge and topics people are interested in exploring further.