1. “What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever seen?”
This could be a fun way to get the other person talking and have a laugh, while maybe also learning something interesting.
2. “What would you do if you won the lottery?”
You can ask this to get a look into someone’s character, and get ideas of their dreams, ambitions and goals in life.
3. “What kind of music do you like to listen to?”
This one is a classic conversation starter, allowing you to get to know someone based on what kind of music they enjoy.
4. “What’s something you’ve always wanted to learn to do?”
Getting a look into someone’s hobbies and interests can be a great way to start building common ground and have a more meaningful conversation.
5. “What’s your favorite restaurant in the area?”
Talking food is always a great way to break the ice, as well as perhaps learning about some local hotspots you might not have heard of before.
6. “What’s the last book you read that you really liked?”
Asking someone about their reading habits is a great way to learn more about them personally and get a sense of their passions and interests.
7. “What’s a piece of advice you’ve always lived by?”
You can get a good glimpse into someone’s values and beliefs when asking this question, as well as learn a bit about their life and experiences.
8. “What’s one thing that always puts you in a good mood?”
This is a fun question to get the conversation flowing and connect over shared interests, or perhaps even introduce a new hobby you didn’t know about before.
9. “What’s your favorite guilty pleasure?”
This is a great way to find out what someone likes to do in their free time, and to expand your conversations beyond the usual topics.
10. “What are you most proud of in your life?”
This one is a great way to get a sense of someone’s values and goals, as well as learn a bit more about what’s important to them.