If you and your partner are looking to jump start your conversations and get to know each other even better, here are 20 of the best couple conversation starters:
1. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received? – This is a fun way to learn more about your partner’s past and the experiences they’ve had.
2. What is your dream vacation? – Get your partner to open up about the places they’d love to visit and the memories they’d like to make.
3. If you had to pick one attribute about yourself to pass along to someone, what would it be? – Start a conversation about the personality traits your partner values the most in themselves.
4. What do you think are the three most important qualities a good relationship must have? – Discuss the crucial components of a healthy relationship, from the perspective of both partners.
5. What did you like most about your last relationship? – Get an insight into your partner’s past experiences and what they hold as important.
6. What is your go-to solution when something is bothering you? – Learn how your partner likes to handle difficult situations in life.
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? – Discuss your partner’s preferences of their ideal home and explore their dream location.
8. What has been the best day of your life so far? – Start a conversation about the memory your partner cherishes most.
9. How did you spend your childhood? – Open up the dialogue about your partner’s memories of growing up.
10. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? – Find out which special ability your partner would choose and why.
11. What is your favourite thing about living with me? – Get to hear your partners honest opinion on why they love living with you.
12. What was the best compliment you’ve ever received? – Share in your partner’s joy of being praised by others.
13. If you had to pick one job from any era, what would it be? – Explore the occupations your partner has always been interested in.
14. What are your top three life goals? – Discuss your partner’s ambitions and how they plan to achieve them.
15. What were your best and worst subjects at school? – Learn more about your partner’s academic strengths and weaknesses.
16. What do you think are the most important qualities in a friend? – Get an understanding of what your partner values the most when it comes to friendships.
17. How do you feel when you’re angry? – Get to know how your partner expresses his emotions when angry.
18. What do you think of the work I’m doing right now? – Get to hear your partner’s opinion on your efforts and progress.
19. What do you think of when you hear the phrase ‘perfect date’? – Talk about what kinds of date your partner prefers and what a ‘perfect date’ would look like for them.
20. What do you think are the biggest challenges couples face today? – Take an important look into the common issues couples in today’s society can face.