Intro: Whether you’ve just met someone or have been friends for a while, text conversations can be tricky. The right conversation starters can help you break the ice, make someone laugh, and establish a connection. Here are 20 ideas to help get you started with great conversation starters over text!
1. What was the most memorable moment of your day? -This can be a great conversation starter because most people like talking about their day and the interesting things that happened to them. It can also help establish an easy dialogue that can move to more interesting topics.
2. What’s the most random thing you’ve ever done? -This one can get people talking about fun, interesting things they’ve done and it can lead to a lot of entertaining stories.
3. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? -This allows for a lot of great conversations about different places people would like to explore, and it can lead to talking about interesting cultural experiences and favorite destinations.
4. What do you think is the most important lesson you’ve ever learned? -This allows for a deep, meaningful conversation about life and the things that matter most.
5. What do you think is the best invention of all time? -This can get people thinking and talking about different technology or inventions that have had a major impact on our lives, and it can be fun to introduce each other to cool inventions or ideas.
6. What is your favorite memory from childhood? -This can bring back a lot of happy memories and take people back to a time in their lives that was filled with joy and laughter.
7. What’s the strangest dream you’ve ever had? -Dreams can be a great source of funny, bizarre, and sometimes scary tales. This can be fun to talk about and share with each other.
8. If you could pick up any skill in an instant, what would it be? -This can spark some interesting conversations about different skills that people would like to learn and develop.
9. If you could leave the world a piece of advice, what would it be? -This question can lead to some insightful answers that will give you more insight into the people you’re talking to.
10. What’s the craziest thing that has ever happened to you? -This can be a great chance to share funny stories and have a good laugh together.
11. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given? -This conversation starter can lead to really inspiring and thought-provoking answers that will help you learn more about each other.
12. What do you think is the biggest challenge facing the world today? -This can get people talking about serious issues in the world and brainstorming ways to make it a better place.
13. If you could have a superpower, what would it be? -This can be a great conversation starter, as it gets people talking about their favorite fantasy powers and how they would use them in the real world.
14. What’s the best book you’ve read in the last few months? -This question can be a great way to recommend books you’ve enjoyed and find out about some new ones from the person you’re talking to.
15. If you could meet any famous person, who would it be? -This can lead to some interesting conversations about people we admire and the inspiring things they’ve done.
16. If you could master one type of cuisine, what would it be? -This can be a great way to find out about different types of food, cultures, and flavors.
17. What is the funniest story your family tells? -This question can get people reminiscing about happy times with their families, and it can be a great way to bond over shared experiences.
18. What would your ideal day look like? -This is a great question to ask if you want to get to know someone better. The answer will tell you a lot about their values and goals.
19. If you could do anything with no fear of failure, what would it be? -This is a great question to get people thinking about their ambitions and dreams, and encourages people to talk about the things that truly excite them.
20. If you had to give up one luxury item, what would it be? -This question can spark some interesting conversations about the things that truly matter and what people can live without.