When meeting someone new, it can be intimidating to get started. To give yourself the best chance at making a good first impression, try out these conversation starters for Hinge to break the ice.
1. What’s something you’re most proud of? – This is a great way to learn about the values and beliefs of the other person, and can set the tone for a meaningful conversation.
2. What’s an accomplishment you’ve achieved that you’re most proud of? – We all have things we’re proud of. Asking about accomplishments is a great way to find out about the other person’s achievements and encourages them to talk about their accomplishments.
3. What was the last great book you read? – Get them to open up about their favorite books and why they’re so interesting to them.
4. How do you like to spend your free time? – This could lead to a conversation about hobbies and interests they may have.
5. What’s the coolest place you’ve ever been to? – This will get someone to start talking about a special experience they had while travelling.
6. What’s the coolest thing you’ve done lately? – Even if they can’t think of something cool right off the bat, hopefully this will prompt a conversation about interesting activities.
7. What’s the best thing about living in your city? – This will get someone to share their love and knowledge of their city, or any city that they’ve lived in.
8. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? – Not only does it get people talking about their dreams, but it could also lead to some fantastic travel tips.
9. What are some of your favorite musical artists? – Start a discussion about music and compare their tastes in music.
10. What’s the craziest dream you’ve ever had? – Get them to open up and share some of their strangest dreams they’ve ever had.
11. What’s something you’ve learned recently? – This can lead to a conversation about interesting topics and be a great learning experience.
12. What are your thoughts on the current political climate? – This can be a great conversation starter, but make sure to be respectful and open-minded if their views differ from yours.
13. What are your thoughts on the current state of TV and movies? – This can spark a debate or just be a good way to talk about your thoughts on current shows and movies.
14. What’s something funny that’s recently happened to you? – Maybe you both have a funny story about something that’s recently happened to each of you, this can be a great way to start a conversation.
15. What are some of your favorite restaurants? – Ask them about where they like to go for a nice meal and compare your top picks.
16. Is there anything currently on your bucket list? – Talking about future plans and dreams is always a fun conversation starter.
17. What are some of your favorite ways to relax? – This can sometimes lead to a discussion about the best ways to relax and de-stress.
18. What’s your favorite movie and why? – Maybe you have the same favorite movie, or you can talk about why you like the movie for different reasons.
19. What’s your go-to karaoke song? – This can lead to some singing, which could create a fun moment and set the tone for a great conversation.
20. What’s the best advice someone has ever given you? – Asking this can lead to an inspiring conversation and possibly even more advice-giving.