1. If you could choose one superpower, what would it be and why? – Starting a conversation with this question is a great way to get to know the person you’re talking to by learning about their fantasy. Plus, you can use it as a way to invite a fun, imaginative answer to a light-hearted question.
2. What makes you smile? – There is no better way to get to know someone than to learn what makes them happy. Not only will this conversation starter let you learn more about the person, but it will also give you the opportunity to see if you have anything in common.
3. Tell me about your dream vacation. – Invite the person you’re speaking to to share their dream vacation and allow them to take you on an imaginary travel adventure. Learning about someone’s dream vacation is a great way to learn more about their interests and their preferred destinations.
4. What would you do with a windfall of $1000? – Everyone has a plan for how to spend a thousand dollars, and this question provides the opportunity to discuss what one would do with a sudden chunk of cash. It’s a unique conversation starter and it’s also a fun way to get to know someone’s financial priorities and spending habits.
5. What book has had the greatest impact on you? – This question opens the door to a conversation on a person’s favourite books and what they learned from them. It’s also an excellent way to get beyond small talk and discuss ideas and values.
6. What small change have you made recently that had a big impact? – A question along these lines can be a great way to get to know someone and their commitment to improving, even if it’s in small or subtle ways.
7. What’s the most interesting fact you know? – Everyone knows some fact that they think is interesting or unique. What better way to get to know someone than to learn a few curious and unexpected facts from them?
8. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – Asking someone about the best advice they’ve ever received is a great way to learn who the person looks up to and the advice that matters to them most. It’s also a fantastic way to jumpstart a conversation.
9. If you could go back in time and change one decision, what would it be? – This question provides an opportunity to dive into a person’s past and the decisions that have shaped them. It’s a great way to learn more about where someone comes from and why they made the choices they did.
10. What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received? – This can be a great conversation starter to get to know someone and to also gain insight into how others view them and what they value.
11. What do you like to do for fun when you’re not working? – This question is a great way to learn about someone’s hobbies, passions, and pastimes. It’s also a great way to get to know someone and find ways to connect.
12. What’s the last film you watched and what did you think of it? – Asking someone about a recently watched film can be a great way to get to know someone better and also learn about their taste in films. It’s also a fun way to get beyond small talk and engage in a serious conversation.
13. What is your proudest achievement? – This question can provide the opportunity to learn about the person’s personal goals and accomplishments, as well as their sense of pride and satisfaction.
14. What three words would your friends used to describe you? –This is an insightful question that can provide a lot of insight into a person’s personality and how they are viewed by those closest to them.
15. Who is the most inspiring person in your life? – This conversation starter will allow you to learn more about who someone looks up to and the values and ideas that motivate them.
16. Name one thing about yourself that you’re proud of. – This question is a great way to get to know the person better, learn about the things they does, and understand their goals and dreams.
17. If you had a year off and money wasn’t an issue, what would you do? – This conversation starter invites the other person to discuss their dreams, goals, and ambitions without restrictions or limits.
18. What kind of music do you like and why? – Music is personal and can provide a lot of insight into a person’s personality, interests, and values. Plus, it’s a great way to establish common ground and find out what music genres you have in common.
19. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? – This is an excellent conversation starter as it encourages the other person to share their wanderlust and dreams without needing to make them a reality.
20. What is something you’ve been wanting to try recently?