1. Tea: History, Terroirs, Varieties by Kevin Gascoyne, Francois Marchand, Jasmin Desharnais (2018) – This comprehensive guide to tea covers history, geography, production and brewing methods, varieties, and more, with contributions from experts in the field. With beautiful illustrations and over 250 photographs, this book is sure to be a must-have for any tea lover.
2. The Book of Tea by Okakura Kakuzo (1906) – This classic text by Japanese scholar Okakura Kakuzo is one of the most influential books on tea ever written. It provides an in-depth look at the history and culture of tea, the philosophy of tea ceremony, and the many varieties of tea.
3. The True History of Tea by Penelope Gouk (2008) – This book is an in-depth look at the history of tea, from its origins in ancient China to its spread throughout the world. It covers the different types of tea and their production methods, as well as the cultural and social importance of tea in different cultures.
4. The Tea Enthusiast’s Handbook by Maria Uspenski (2010) – This book is a comprehensive guide to tea, covering all aspects of the tea industry, from tea production and processing to brewing and tasting. It also includes advice on selecting and storing tea, as well as recipes for tea-based drinks and dishes.
5. The Way of Tea: Reflections on a Life with Tea by James Norwood Pratt (2006) – This book is a personal reflection on the author’s lifelong relationship with tea. It explores the culture, history, and philosophy of tea, as well as the author’s own experiences and insights. A must-read for any tea enthusiast.