1. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah (2015): This captivating World War II- era novel follows two sisters living in Nazi-occupied France. The Nightingale is a heart-wrenching story of love, loss, courage, and hope.
2. Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng (2017): This thought-provoking novel is set in a small town in Ohio and follows the intertwined lives of two families. Little Fires Everywhere explores the complexities of motherhood and the power of secrets.
3. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens (2018): This coming-of-age story follows the life of Kya, a young girl growing up in the marshlands of North Carolina. Where the Crawdads Sing is a captivating tale of love, resilience, and the power of nature.
4. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (2005): This best-selling novel is set in Nazi Germany during World War II and follows the life of a young girl named Liesel. The Book Thief is a powerful story of courage and friendship.
5. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd (2002): This beloved novel is set in the American South in 1964 and follows the life of a young girl named Lily. The Secret Life of Bees is a story of family, friendship, and the healing power of love.