1. The Mental Game of Baseball: A Guide to Peak Performance by H.A. Dorfman and Karl Kuehl (1998): This book is a must-read for any coach or player looking to gain an edge in the mental game of baseball. Dorfman and Kuehl provide an in-depth look at how to develop mental skills such as focus, concentration, motivation, and confidence.
2. The Art of Pitching: The Ultimate Guide for Players and Coaches by Tom House (2005): Written by a former Major League pitcher, this book provides valuable insight into the mechanics and strategies of pitching. Tom House covers the full range of pitching topics, including strategies for dealing with different types of hitters.
3. The Science of Hitting: The Definitive Guide for Players and Coaches by Ted Williams and John Underwood (1970): This classic book by Hall of Fame hitter Ted Williams is a must-have for any coach or player looking to improve their hitting. Williams covers the basics, such as stance and grip, as well as more advanced topics such as the mental approach to hitting.
4. Coaching Baseball Successfully by Mark Gola (2002): This book is a comprehensive guide to successful coaching. Gola covers the fundamentals of coaching, such as practice planning and game strategy, as well as more advanced topics such as motivation and team chemistry.
5. The Complete Baseball Coaching Guide by Steve Chandler (2007): This comprehensive guide to coaching covers topics such as practice planning, game strategy, and player development. Chandler also provides an in-depth look at how to develop a winning culture within your team.