Intro: Starting a conversation with someone can be difficult, but having 88 great conversation starters can help you start meaningful conversations. Here are some excellent conversation starters:
1. What are you passionate about? – Asking someone what they are passionate about can easily start a great conversation, as it suggests exploration into their interests.
2. What would constitute a perfect day for you? – This question encourages storytelling and allows the person to express their idea of their ideal day.
3. What is the most daring thing you have ever done? – This one can lead to some great stories and humorous responses.
4. How did you come up with your name? – Not everyone has a story behind their name, but if they do, they will usually be happy to share it.
5. Who is your biggest role model and why? – This is a great question which can highlight someone’s values and hint at their journey with personal development.
6. What kind of music do you like? – Music is something that can spark conversations about many topics and can be a great way to get to know someone.
7. What was the last book you read? – Not only is this a great conversation starter, but you may find some new books to read.
8. What’s on your bucket list? – Talking about goals, dreams, and plans for the future can bring clarity and understanding of someone’s goals and aspirations.
9. What would you do if you had a million dollars? – Everyone loves talking about the possibilities a big sum of money can bring.
10. What would be the title of your autobiography? – This question can start a funny and interesting conversation.
11. What would you do if you had all the time in the world? – This lets someone explore and imagine the possibilities of no limitations in time.
12. Who do you admire most in the world? – This question offers insight into someone’s values and who they look up to.
13. What would you like to learn or do that you haven’t tried before? – Opening up possibilities and allowing someone to get creative can be inspiring.
14. What hobby would you like to get into? – It’s always nice to hear about a goal or dream that someone wants to pursue.
15. What was the last movie you watched? – There are always new films that people want to talk about.
16. What is your favorite sport? – Discussing someone’s favorite sport can lead to a variety of topics including teams and players.
17. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? – This is a great conversation starter that opens up possibilities and lets people explore different places in the world.
18. What is something you are proud of yourself for achieving? – Achieving goals and working hard to get them is something we all admire in others.
19. What is the most interesting thing you have seen or experienced? – Hearing stories about someone’s past experiences can be eye opening.
20. What would you do if you weren’t afraid? – This allows someone to explore different paths and find courage to pursue their dreams.