It’s been a while since you’ve thought about getting a pet. Have you ever thought about how much work and commitment a pet requires? The things that you can play with are not just toys that you can play with and then put away once you’re done. You must feed them, give them water, give them lots of love and attention.
There is nothing better than having a pet to play with. When it comes to choosing a pet, you have a wide variety to choose from. This book will offer general questions to ask yourself when considering a pet and then a few questions to consider for several different types of pets.
Some of these questions, or all of them, may have already been considered by you. On the other hand, you may discover that there are others that you have not yet considered. The point is, either way, you will be able to determine whether or not you want or are ready for a pet, as well as what kind of pet you would like to have. Enjoy the process!
- What are your reasons for wanting a pet?
- Would you like a dog, cat, or any other kind of pet?
- Is there enough time for a pet in your life?
- Is it possible for you to afford a pet?
- Is it possible to have a pet where you live right now?
- Is it your intention to remain in the same place for some time, or will you be moving in the near future?
- What are you going to do if you have an accident at home?
- Do you have a plan for dealing with medical emergencies?
- If you are going out of town, is there someone who can take care of your pet while you are away?
- How would you like your life to be in a few years from now?
- Would you like to get a pet on your own or with someone else?
- Is there a certain amount of time that you will be able to spend each day with your pet?
- When you are working late, is there anyone who can care for your pet if you cannot?
- What is your plan to deal with the destruction of a household?
- What is the probability that your existing pet will accept a new presence if you already have one?
- Would you be able to dedicate the time it takes to train your pet properly?
- Would you be able to properly train your pet if you had the necessary resources?
- What do you expect from your pet in terms of benefits?
- How do you think your children would react to a pet if you have children?
- In the event that your life changes, what will happen?
- Are you worried that you will lose interest in your pet when the novelty of it wears off?
- Can your children help you to look after a pet if they are old enough?
Here’s what you need to know before you get a dog…
- Do you think a dog will fit into your lifestyle?
- Can you find time in your schedule to take care of a dog?
- Do any of the members of your household suffer from allergies?
- Are there any people in your life who suffer from allergies?
- Is this the second time you have lost a pet recently?
- Do you remember the last time you had to deal with any personal loss?
- Have you ever considered owning a dog? Do you have the energy to care for one?
- Would your child like a dog as a pet?
- In the event that you are considering adopting a dog right away, have you considered fostering one instead?
- Would you consider yourself the alpha presence in your home?
- Would you like to adopt a dog from a particular place?
Here’s what you need to know before getting a cat…
- Can you really afford a cat if they are really expensive?
- Do you have a cat-friendly home?
- Are there any members of your family who are allergic to cats?
- Do you know anyone in your life who is allergic to cats?
- Are you ready to welcome a cat into your home?
- Is there time for you to spend with a cat?
- Is there any other animal in your house that might not accept a cat?
- What is your plan for where you are going to get your cat from?
The first thing you need to do before getting a bird…
- Do you have a preference when it comes to breeds?
- What are the costs involved in setting up and caring for a bird?
- Is it possible for you to be a responsible caregiver?
- How bird-friendly is your home?
- Do you think you will be able to keep your bird healthy?
- Do you think you will be able to keep your bird safe?
- How will you obtain your bird? From where will you get it?
In order to get a tarantula, there are some things you need to know.
- Are you willing to commit to a long-term relationship?
- Are you looking for a pet that you can cuddle with and touch?
- How active or how sedentary do you want your pet to be?
- Is it important to you that your pet can perform tricks?
- Is it going to be enjoyable to feed your pet live prey?
- Have you found a reputable source to purchase your pet tarantula from?
Here’s what you need to know before getting a snake…
- Could you please tell me what the laws are in your area regarding pet snakes?
- What is the maximum size of your pet snake? What is the average size of your pet snake?
- Have you ever wondered how to create the perfect habitat for your pet snake? Do you know what you need to do?
- What kind of temperature will you be able to maintain for your pet snake?
- Is it likely that you will be able to provide your snake with the proper diet?
- Are you going to be able to maintain the perfect level of humidity in your snake’s habitat?
- What type of light will you be providing to your snake? Do you know what kind of light it will need?
- Is it important to you that you have a pet that you can handle on a daily basis?
- What is the amount of care that a snake will require from you?
- Did you know that snakes carry bacteria that can make you very sick if you are infected with them?
Here is what you need to know before getting a rabbit.
- How will you care for your new pet rabbits? Who will be the primary caregivers?
- How serious are you about making a long-term commitment? Are you willing to commit for at least 10 years?
- Are your family members of all ages in agreement that a rabbit would be the best pet?
- Do you think you would be able to provide a rabbit with the appropriate vet care it needs?
- Could you please let me know if you have the right kind of cage for a rabbit?
- Is it possible that you have all the supplies you need to take care of a rabbit?
- Are there any other animals in your house that could hurt your rabbit?
- Do you think that you will be able to provide the proper supervision for children around your rabbit?
- Would you prefer to purchase your rabbit or would you prefer to adopt it from the SPCA?
- Are you planning to keep your rabbit if your life changes in the future?