Introduction: Communication between couples is key to sustaining a healthy relationship. Here are 50 conversation starters that can provide opportunities for meaningful dialogue, reflection and connection.
1. What do you think is the most important value to have in a relationship? Explain why this particular value is important to you.
2. What was the best part of your day?
3. Describe the best time you’ve ever had with a partner.
4. Tell me one thing you would like to do together that you haven’t done yet.
5. How has being together impacted your life in a positive way?
6. What qualities draw you to someone else?
7. What would you consider a perfect date night?
8. What are some hobbies that you both love to do together?
9. What is the most meaningful gift you have ever received from someone?
10. Who has had the biggest influence on your life so far?
11. What is one thing you admire about your partner?
12. What was the best advice your parents ever gave you?
13. What inspires you?
14. What have you accomplished together that you are proud of?
15. What kind of music do you both enjoy listening to?
16. What do you do to relax together?
17. What are your hopes, dreams and aspirations for the future?
18. What are your favorite things to do when you have free time?
19. What do you do to show your partner that you appreciate them?
20. Are there any projects that you are interested in pursuing together?