1. What did you do today that made you smile? This is a great conversation starter because it encourages you to discuss something positive, and creates a sense of connection.
2. What’s the sorriest excuse you ever used to get out of doing something? This is a fun and lighthearted way to reminisce about funny past experiences.
3. What is something random that you love to do? This is a great way to learn about each other’s quirks and interests.
4. What is your favorite memory from childhood? This is a great question that encourages people to open up about topics like childhood friends, family, and moments that were important in their lives.
5. What is the best advice you ever received? A great way to learn about the values an individual holds dear and how those values have shaped their life.
6. What do you think the world needs more of? This will help you to understand each other better, as well as learn each other’s opinions on global issues.
7. What kind of food do you like? A great conversation starter to find out what type of cuisine you and your date have in common.
8. What is something you have always wanted to do? An interesting way to get to know each other’s interests and aspirations.
9. What do you think the most important quality is in a relationship? Learning about each other’s expectations and values can be helpful while in the early stages of your relationship.
10. What have you learned from your past relationships? A great way to learn from each other’s experiences and how you’s both handle relationships in the past.
11. What are your top five favorite movies? Having a shared batch of favorite movies or TV shows is a good way to connect with one another.
12. What was the last good book you read? Talking about good books can be a great way to explore interests in literature and audio-visual arts.
13. What kind of music do you like? Everybody has their own taste in music, so this is a great way to find out what genre each other likes.
14. What do you think is the most important thing in life?
Discussing each other’s views on what is important in life is a great way to delve deeper into your values.
15. What is a hobby that you enjoy doing?
This is a good way to get to know what activities someone enjoys doing and how they like to occupy their free time.
16. What do you think is the key to happiness?
Learning about what makes each other happy helps to understand each other’s point of view on life in general.
17. What is the funniest thing that ever happened to you?
Talking about funny moments can help to bring humor to the conversation and lighten the mood.
18. What have you learned from the people in your life?
Discussing each other’s people and the insights you have gained from them can help to understand each other better.
19. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
An imaginative question that can help add creativity to the conversation and potentially spark interesting conversations.
20. What was the last dream you remember?
This can be a great way to learn more about your date and what they might be thinking or feeling.