Intro: Whether you are just starting out or have been married for decades, conversations help maintain a healthy relationship. These 100 conversation starters for couples will help both of you stay connected and keep the conversation going.
1. What was your favorite memory we shared together this year? Explanation: Reflecting on your year together can help you appreciate the good times that you’ve had and stay connected with one another.
2. What do you do to help feel connected to me when I’m away? Explanation: Expressing how you stay connected when apart can help you understand each other better and experience more meaningful times together.
3. What have my actions made you feel most valued this past week? Explanation: Showing and expressing appreciation for one another is an important part of relationships, and helping each other understand which actions make the other feel valued is an important part of that.
4. What is the one place in the world you would like to visit together? Explanation: Dreaming up your future travel plans can be a fun way to get excited about life together and maintain a curiosity in each other.
5. What would you consider to be our perfect date night? Explanation: Everyone likes to feel romanced, so considering what would be the perfect date night is a great way to show each other your appreciation and plan ahead for special moments.
6. What is your favorite quality that you possess? Explanation: Allowing each other to express their strengths and qualities can create a deeper respect and understanding for one another.
7. What is something that I do that makes you feel loved and supported? Explanation: Asking your partner what makes them feel loved and supported is a surefire way to strengthen the emotion connection between you, as well as build admiration for one another.
8. What has been the happiest moment of your life? Explanation: Reflection on the happy moments in life creates a deeper bond and understanding of one another, it also creates a conversational plot where ideas are free flowing.
9. What do you want our life to look like in 5 years? Explanation: Looking to the future is a great way to stay focused on your shared goals and hopes, it is also a fantastic way to keep the conversation going for when the present gets mundane.
10. What do you miss most about being single? Explanation: Asking this question can open up conversations about what you both miss from having independence, as well as help you understand each other better.