Do you know whether you are a charismatic person or not? Take this short quiz and find out. Answer by choosing which answer is most appropriate to you.
Q1: Making friends comes naturally to me.
- Yes, it’s true. I am able to make friends instantly.
- Maybe, maybe not.
- I can develop acquaintances quicker than friends.
- Making friends is not for me.
- I have enough friends; I do not want any more.
Q2. You like someone very much. How do get that across?
- Where is the problem? I directly approach and get to know the person.
- I make it obvious by paying compliments that say I am fully interested.
- I flirt indirectly until I find out whether the “someone” is also interested too.
- I attract attention indirectly; I keep doing it until we get scope to talk.
- I never do. I squash my feelings and carry on.
Q3. If your significant half (or anyone who is extremely close) would have to describe you with one word, what would they call you?
- A loner.
- Frustrated with everything and everyone.
- I can’t say. I do not have someone as close or a “significant other”.
Q4. How others who know you, would describe you?
- Downright boring
Q5. Do you consider yourself to be a good leader?
- Yes. When I want something done, it gets done.
- Just about okay.
- Not at all. I can’t get anyone to listen to me.
- As a leader, I am awful.
- I have never been able to lead anyone.
Q6: If someone is upset, can you help the person overcome it?
- Of course.
- I usually help a little.
- Oh no! Usually, I get upset myself.
- I don’t really like to try.
Award answer no. 1 with 5 marks, no. 2 with 4 marks, no. 3 with 3 marks, no.2 with 2 marks, and no. 1 with 1 mark. Now, add them up and check out what it says about your charisma level:
25-30 – Your charisma level is optimal. You have a magnetic pull, which brings everyone to your table. You know how to listen, how to make people feel good about themselves and how to motivate. There is little you cannot achieve whether at work or home. You are always in the center of attention and though you love it, it never makes you lose your focus.
20-24 – Your charisma level is high, but you still need to practice on how to receive criticism positively. You need to learn to listen more intently and take criticism as a positive rather than negative input. This is the best way to learn about your shortcomings and hence, a shortcut to becoming better.
15-19 – You have a pleasant personality and are popular within your close circles. You need to extend your circle; you need to learn to connect to people outside of your immediate comfort zone. You have great potential, since you are sensitive to other people’s view and are able to empathize easily. You need to learn to listen more and work more on your public speaking.
10-14 – Charisma is not your forte list. You can learn the skill with practice and perseverance. Focus on others and listen more. You also need to start believing in yourself and your own dreams. The more you believe, the easier it will become for you to get there.
5-9 – Charisma is the last thing on your list. You do not enjoy company of people and prefer to be a loner. You enjoy solitude and are comfortable in your own company. Very few people get to know the real you – and you are happy with that.