Do you like learning about new things? Trivia questions are a great way to learn about interesting facts on various things from the NFL to your favorite movie series. You can make use of trivia questions to challenge fanatics like yourself and have lots of fun with it. You could turn it into a game, use a timer, and test your friends’ knowledge on topics you all love.
Whether you’re a Star Wars fan, a foodie, or a sports enthusiast, you will find an awesome list of questions on these categories and more down below. Read on to find different categories of trivia questions that you can ask your family and friends.
NFL trivia questions
Are you a big fan of the National Football League? If you love watching your favorite sports team go through playoffs, you may think you know everything about them. Well then, here are easy multiple choice questions for all of you NFL fans:
- When was the first NFL playoff game?
- September 18, 1967 b. December 18, 1932 c. November 18, 1920 d. December 18, 1970
- What game went down in history as “The Greatest Game Ever Played?”
- 1958 NFL Championship b. 1940 NFL Championship c. Super Bowl 1 d. Super Bowl 51
- Which is the oldest team in the NFL?
- Packers b. Giants c. Bears d. Cardinals
- Which team has the most NFL titles?
- Browns b. Cowboys c. Packers d. Steelers
- Who was hailed as the MVP of the first Super Bowl?
- Bart Starr b. Max McGee c. Vince Lombardi d. Paul Hornung
- Among these colleges, which one never had an NFL MVP?
- Augustana b. Clemson c. San Diego St d. Stephen F. Austin
- How many Heisman trophy winners are there in the NFL Hall of Fame?
- Fifteen b. Six c. Twelve d. Nine
- What year was the NFL Hall of Fame’s first class?
- 1963 b. 1940 c. 1982 d. 1970
- Which colleges got the most #1 picks in the NFL draft?
- Ohio State and USC b. Notre Dame and USC c. Ohio State and Oklahoma
- Which Hall of Famer wore #00?
- Jim Otto b. Frank Gatski c. Earl Campbell d. Bob Brown
- Who is the rookie who won the AP NFL MVP?
- Barry Sanders b. Jim Brown c. Peyton Manning d. Johnny Unitas
- Which of these players scored the most touchdowns in a rookie season?
- Adrian Peterson b. Ezekiel Elliott c. Gale Sayers d. Barry Sanders
Answers: b, a, d, c, a, b, d, a, b, a, b, c
Let us continue with more NFL trivia questions sans the multiple choice answers. Be sure to write your answers on a sheet of paper. Now, let us see how well you know your NFL with these questions:
- What team hired their first professional cheerleading squad?
- Which athlete was the first to rap at the Pro Bowl musical gala?
- What NFL team started the no-huddle offense?
- What is the name of the quarterback who was known as Yelberton Abraham?
- Who was the Vikings quarterback who was known as the NFL’s “original scrambler”?
- Who is the NFL great who was known as “Bambi”?
- Which Detroit running back was dubbed as “The Lion King”?
- How many years from retirement can a player be eligible for the Pro Football Hall of Fame?
- Who is the record-setting quarterback who was chosen as the NFL’s 82nd draft pick (1979)?
- During the closest Super Bowl ever, what team did the New York Giants beat by one point?
Answers: The Dallas Cowboys, Deion Sanders, The Cincinnati Bengals, Y.A. Tittle, Fran Tarkenton, Lance Alworth, Barry Sanders, 5 years, Joe Montana, The Buffalo Bills
If those were too easy for you, we’ll bring out our ultimate NFL trivia questions for all of you die-hard fans out there. See if you can answer all these questions:
- Which female artist had a wardrobe malfunction in the halftime show of the Super Bowl XXXVIII that led to the CBS paying a record fine of $550,00?
- Who is the only player enshrined both in the CFL Hall of Fame and in Canton?
- Who is the only Super Bowl MVP who played on a losing team?
- Who is the record holder for the longest field goal in NFL history?
- Who is the last non-quarterback hailed as NFL MVP?
- Who was the first NFL player to throw 4,000 yards in one season?
- What did New York Giant linebacker Lawrence Taylor request as a souvenir after he played his last game?
- Who was the first non-quarterback to throw over 10 touchdown passes in his career?
Answers: Janet Jackson, Warren Moon, Chuck Howley, Matt Prater, Adrian Peterson, Joe Namath, the referee’s yellow flag, Frank Gifford
Pop culture trivia questions and answers
Pop culture went mainstream in the 1980s as a shorter term for popular culture. It referred to all the best and top-preferred choices of the general public in music, movies, and fashion, among others. Since then, each era produced its own pop culture. If you were fortunate to live in the ‘80s, you will certainly be able to answer these ‘80s pop culture trivia questions:
- Which famous singer died in 1980 at the age of forty after being shot many times in the back?
- Which band released the songs “Crazy” and “What You Do To Me?”
- What was the song title of Queen’s first U.S. Number One hit in 1980?
- “I’m saying all the things that I know you’ll like, making good conversation” are the opening lyrics of what popular ‘80s song?
- What song brought The Captain and Tennille to the top of the charts in 1980?
- The first number one hit of the ‘80s was from which group?
- Which ‘80s TV show had the characters Tootie, Natalie, and Blair?
- “What we found out is that each one of us is a brain” is a famous quote from which ‘80s cult classic film?
- What was the name of Bruce Willis’ character in the ‘80s film “Die Hard?”
- Larry Hagman played the character J.R. on what ‘80s TV show?
- What was the highest-grossing movie of the ‘80s?
- What game came with the Nintendo Entertainment System when it was released in the ‘80s?
- What shoes were considered fashionable in the ‘80s?
- What men’s hairstyle was trendy in the 1980s?
- What trend did the ‘80s film “Top Gun” start?
- What fashion trend was inspired by the ‘80s movie “Flashdance?”
- Which royal couple had the largest global audience tune in to their wedding in 1981?
Answers: John Lennon, The John Hall Band, “Crazy Little Thing Called Love,” “Physical,” “Do That To Me One More Time,” KC and the Sunshine Band, “The Facts of Life,” “The Breakfast Club,” John McClane, “Dallas,” “E.T.,” Super Mario Bros., Jelly shoes, The Mullet, Ray-Ban sunglasses, Legwarmers, Prince Charles and Lady Diana
If you’ve fallen in love with a member of a boy band, had Rachel Green’s hairstyle, and rolled up one pant of your leg, you are undeniably a true ’90s baby. Get ready for an evening of nostalgia with questions like these on your game night with the other ‘90s kids:
- Which celebrity popularized The Rachel hairstyle?
- How much did the 1997 epic film “Titanic” cost to make?
- What ‘90s TV series featured lifeguards?
- Who directed the 1993 science fiction adventure film “Jurassic Park?”
- Which “Friends” character had a pick-up line that went “How you doin’?”
- What was the name of the butler in “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air?”
- Who played the iconic role of Kevin McCallister in the ‘90s hit movie “Home Alone?”
- Cher and Dionne gave a makeover to which actress on the 1995 film “Clueless?”
- Who voiced genie in the 1992 Disney movie “Aladdin?”
- Kelly and Zack were a famous couple from which sitcom?
- JNCO, the wide-leg jeans were a fashion staple for the ‘90s kids; what does the acronym stand for?
- Scary, Sporty, Baby, Ginger, and Posh were the members of which all-girl pop band?
- Paul, Christian, Mark, and Ben are members of which ‘90s boy band?
- Which boy band topped the charts in 1997 with their hit song, “MMMBop?”
- Britney, Christina, Keri, Justin, and Ryan all starred in which variety TV show in 1992?
- What does “AOL” in the AOL instant messenger stand for?
- What men’s hairstyle was popularized in the 90s?
- What is this ‘90s game which used milk cap discs made of cardboard and slammers?
- What gaming system was “GoldenEye 007” released for in 1997?
- What were the names of the twins in the ‘90s Nickelodeon show “Rugrats?”
- “Red and Blue” released on Game Boy in 1998 is a version of which game franchise?
- What is this egg-shaped electronic toy which features a virtual pet you can feed, clean, and play with?
Answers: Jennifer Aniston, $200 million, “Baywatch,” Steven Spielberg, Joey Tribbiani, Geoffrey Butler, Macaulay Culkin, Brittany Murphy in her role as Tai, Robin Williams, “Saved by the Bell,” “Judge None Choose One,” Spice Girls, a1, Hanson, “The Mickey Mouse Club,” American Online, curtained hair (ah, Ben Adams), Pogs, Phil and Lil, Nintendo 64, Pokemon, Tamagotchi
Easter trivia questions
Easter is a celebration with religious symbolism. Come spring, children go on an Easter egg hunt and have chocolate eggs as their prizes. If you are looking forward to Easter, here are some fun trivia questions that you can answer while waiting:
- What do Easter eggs symbolize?
- The Easter bunny originated in the 1700s from which country?
- What animal replaces the Easter bunny in Australia?
- What flower is associated with the Easter holiday?
- What colors are associated with the Easter holiday?
- In what country do people eat hot cross buns during Easter?
- What historic age did the custom of giving Easter candy and chocolate start?
- Where can the largest egg museum be found?
- What was the world’s most expensive egg selling for $9.5 million called?
- The first Easter eggs were dyed in what color?
- What meat is traditionally eaten in the United States during Easter?
- What is the traditional accessory worn by women who participated in the Easter parade?
- What was the title of the Charlie Brown Easter Special?
Answers: rebirth or new life, Germany, bilby, lily, yellow and purple, Great Britain, Victorian age, The Easter Egg Museum in Poland, The Winter Egg by Faberge, red, ham, Easter bonnet or hat, “It’s the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown.”
Easter has a religious significance to some Christians. The week leading up to Easter Sunday is observed as a Holy Week. It also goes by the names Passion Week or Easter Week where Christians remember the death, burial, and the resurrection of Jesus Christ. How well do you know your knowledge of the Bible? Test yourself and your friends with these Easter-related questions:
- Is the word ‘Easter’ in the Bible? Yes/No?
- What did the Romans use to make the crown they made Jesus wear?
- The “Easter Story” is found in what four books of the Bible?
- What is the Jewish feast which was celebrated on the week that Christ was crucified?
- What was Jesus riding on when he entered Jerusalem during His Triumphal Entry?
- What is the name of the high priest’s servant whose ear Peter cut off in an attempt to protect Jesus?
- How many times did Peter deny Jesus before the rooster crowed?
- What did Judas ask in exchange for his betrayal of Jesus?
- How did Judas die after betraying Jesus?
- Who did the Jews ask Pontius Pilate to release instead of Jesus?
- What was the name of the man who helped carry the cross of Jesus?
- What was the meaning of the Latin inscription on the cross of Jesus?
- What was the name of the hill where Jesus was crucified?
- How many angels were seen guarding the sepulcher?
- Who was the first person to see Jesus after He rose from the dead?
- Which disciple would not believe that Jesus has risen from the dead until he was able to place his finger on Jesus’ hands and side?
Answers: No; thorns; Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John (the gospel books); Passover; colt (young donkey); Malchus; three times; thirty pieces of silver; he hanged himself; Barabbas; Simon; “Jesus the Nazarene, King of the Jews;” Golgotha; two; Mary Magdalene; Thomas
Food trivia questions
Do you eat to live or live to eat? If you find pleasure in dishes that melt in your mouth, savor umami dishes, and enjoy going on a food trip, you will have lots of fun answering these food trivia questions. Let’s start in the place where pizza and spaghetti and meatballs came from. How well do you know Italian cuisine? Let’s find out with these questions:
- What is the main ingredient in Gnocchi pasta?
- What do you get when you order ‘carne equina’ or ‘cavallo’ in an Italian restaurant?
- What is ‘cinghiale’ on an Italian menu?
- What does ‘biscotti’ mean in Italian?
- What meat sauce made with meat, tomatoes, and cream is named after a city in Italy?
- What are spaghetti and meatballs called in an Italian menu?
- Which cut of pasta takes its name from being shaped like the writing end of an old fashioned quill pen?
- The Italian dessert ‘pastiera’ originated from which city?
- Which city in Italy is the birthplace of the first pizza pie?
- Who made the first pizza pie?
Answers: Potato, horsemeat, wild boar, twice-baked, bolognese (Bologna), Spaghetti con polpette, Penne, Naples, Naples, Raffaele Esposito
If you fared well with the Italian trivia questions, let us go on a food tour around the world. Have fun finding out which places your favorite food came from. Ask a foodie these questions:
- What country cultivated the first potato back in 200 A.D.?
- In what state did the cheeseburger originate?
- What country is the origin of baklava?
- What country does the superfood Acai berry come from?
- Where did ‘goulash’ come from?
- ‘Cassoulet’ originated from which country?
- Sweet egg tarts belong to which country?
Answers: South America, Colorado, Greece, Northern Brazil, Germany, Hungary, France
How much do you know about the food you are eating? Check out these amusing trivia about the food you enjoy on a regular basis. Here are some questions that will test the food genius in you and your friends:
- Stevia extract is how many times sweeter than sugar?
- What caused the first major outbreak of tooth decay in Europe back in the 1500’s?
- What sweetener was traditionally used as an antiseptic for burns and cuts?
- What is the more popular term for groundnut?
- According to the FDA, what is the only fish that can produce real caviar?
- What fruit is said to have inspired Isaac Newton to write the laws of gravity?
- What vegetable was called Crisphead before the 1920s?
- Who invented condensed milk?
- Who invented Coca-Cola?
- In which state was Coca-cola first sold?
- What was the first soda pop made and sold in America?
- What is the first food eaten on the moon?
- What meat is cottage pie made of?
- What Indian dish is known as the national dish of England?
- What American food is said to survive a nuclear attack?
- What is the national drink of Turkey?
- What is the national spirit of America?
- What food is traditionally eaten before Ash Wednesday in the UK?
- What dessert looks like an Iceberg?
Answers: 300 times sweeter, sugar, honey, peanut, sturgeon, apple, Iceberg lettuce, Gail Borden, Jr., John Pemberton, Georgia, Vernor’s Ginger Ale, turkey, beef, Chicken Tikka Masala, Twinkies, Raki, Bourbon, pancakes, Baked Alaska
Football trivia questions
How well do you know your football? If you think that you’re a die-hard fan and know everything there is to know about the sport, might as well test your knowledge with this football trivia game. You can even test yourself and your friends on who can answer these questions faster and who can answer all the questions in record-breaking time. Let’s find out starting with general questions about football:
- What do you call the yard line that a team must drive to with the objective of reaching the “red zone”?
- In 1911, how many points was a touchdown?
- What university sent their football team to play in the first seven Holiday bowls?
- What do you call the National Football Conference division where the Packers, Bears, and Lions play in?
- Who said that the three important things in life are “family, religion, and the Green Bay Packers”?
- Who is the player known as “Paddles,” “ The Enforcer,” and “The Animal”?
- Who can be credited for the slogan “Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing”?
Answers: The twenty, 5 points, Brigham Young University, Central Division, Vince Lombardi, Dick Butkus, Vince Lombardi
Now let’s move on to trivia questions about the Premier League. These questions are best played in a team vs. team challenge. Prepare a special prize for the winning football lovers’ team for answering questions such as:
- What year was the first Premier League?
- How many teams were there in the first Premier League?
- Who scored the first ever goal in the Premier League?
- Who won the first ever Premier League Golden Boot?
- Who holds the record for the most number of goals in consecutive Premier League games?
- Who holds the record for the most number of consecutive Premier League appearances?
- Who is the player who scored the first hat-trick in the Premier League?
- Who was the first to score a perfect hat-trick in the Premier League?
- Who scored the fastest hat-trick in the Premier League?
- Wayne Rooney scored his first goal in the Premier League against which team?
- Which player had a clause in his contract that banned him from traveling to space?
- When Paolo Di Canio pushed the referee Paul Alcock, what team was he playing on?
- Who was the first manager to be sacked in the Premier League?
- Who was the first Italian manager to win in the Premier League?
- After being sacked as an England manager in 1999, which club did Glenn Hoddle eventually join?
- Who was the first English manager to be awarded as Premier League Manager of the Year?
- Who was the first outfielder to play every minute of the season for a title-winning side?
- Which team recorded the least points ever in a Premier League season?
- Which team is the only one to receive a gold version of the Premier League trophy?
- Which team won the first Premier League title?
Answers: 1992, Twenty-two, Brian Deane, Teddy Sheringham, Jamie Vardy, Brad Friedel, Eric Cantona, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Sadio Mane, Arsenal, Stefan Schwarz, Sheffield Wednesday, Ian Porterfield, Carlo Ancelotti, Southampton, Harry Redknapp, Gary Pallister, Derby County, Arsenal, Manchester United
NBA trivia questions
While football is the national sport in Brazil and Spain, in countries like Lithuania, they enjoy playing basketball more. The National Basketball Association is well-known all over the world and is the ultimate goal or dream of many basketball players worldwide. Show your love for the sport beyond wearing Air Jordans by answering these trivia questions. Let’s start with fairly easy basketball trivia questions:
- Who is the NBA star who jumped over an opposing player and was able to dunk the basketball? (Hint: 2000 Summer Olympics)
- Who is the NBA player who was supposed to face 15 years in prison but was granted clemency after 4 months?
- Who is the NBA star who helped lead Argentina to win the Olympic gold medal in basketball in 2004?
- Who is the NBA star who was forced to retire in 1991 after contracting HIV?
- Who is the famous rapper who sold his shares in the Brooklyn Nets franchise in 2013?
- Who is the former NBA player who starred in the 1980 comedy movie “Airplane!”?
- In the first 70 years of NBA history, who is noted as the shortest player to have played in NBA? (Hint: He stands at 1.6 m or 5 ft and 3 in)
- In the first 70 years of NBA history, who is noted as the shortest player to win the Slam Dunk contest? (Hint: He stands 5 ft, 7 in)
- Lamar Odom was a member of which NBA franchise when he won the 6th Man of the Year Award?
- Which 20th century NBA player was able to score 100 points in a single game?
- Which team won the 2004 NBA Championship?
Answers: Vince Carter, Allen Iverson, Luis Scola, Magic Johnson, Jay-Z, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Muggsy Bogues, Spud Webb, Los Angeles Lakers, Wilt Chamberlain, Detroit Pistons
Let us take it up a notch with challenging NBA trivia questions that may need a bit of research to answer:
- Which NBA star has a doctorate in Education?
- What year did the first Air Jordan sneakers come out?
- Who is on the cover of the video game “NBA Live 99”?
- Who is the NBA player who starred in the ‘98 movie “He Got Game” alongside Denzel Washington?
- Who is the NBA player who posted a photo of himself and Al Pacino on Instagram while hanging out in a private jet?
- Who is the NBA player who posed nude for ESPN magazine in a 2010 issue?
- After Michael Jordan did it in 1991 and in 1992, who was the next NBA player to win consecutive NBA MVP awards?
- After Michael Jordan, who was the next NBA player to win regular-season MVP, the Olympics, and Finals MVP all in the same year?
- Who was the MVP player of the 2014 NBA Finals?
- Who was the first ever NBA player to come out in public as a homosexual?
- Who is the former NBA player who was nicknamed “Agent Zero”?
- Who is the ‘90s NBA great who was nicknamed “The Admiral”?
- Who is the NBA player who set an all-time record for the most-missed field goals? (Hint: 2014)
- What team was Hall of Fame NBA player Larry Bird coaching when he won NBA Coach of the Year?
- Who was the first NBA player to win over 1,000 consecutive games?
- The Golden State Warriors was named after which California city before 1971?
- Who was the starting center of the Golden State Warriors when they won their first championship of the 21st century?
- Vince Carter played for which team during the 1998 NBA Draft?
- As of 2018, who is the youngest person to have ever played in an actual game in the NBA?
Answers: Shaquille O’ Neal, 1984, Antoine Walker, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Amar’e Stoudemire, Tim Duncan, Lebron James, Kawhi Leonard, John Amaechi, Gilbert Arenas, David Robinson, Kobe Bryant, Indiana Pacers, A.C. Green, San Francisco, Andrew Bogut, Golden State Warriors, Andrew Bynum
Star Wars trivia questions
Do you know all the Star Wars lingo and can name all the characters? Do you open automatic doors with a Jedi-esque hand? Jedis in the making, may the force be with you as you answer these trivia questions. Let us begin with easy, general trivia questions about the saga:
- What was Han Solo’s ship called?
- What starship did Han Solo use to upgrade his ship?
- What do you call the famous weapon of the Jedi knights?
- Who is the Jedi knight who later became known as Darth Vader?
- Who was the mother of Darth Vader?
- Who is the twin of Princess Leia?
- What is the name of the planet where Princess Leia came from?
- Where is Han Solo from?
- Who was the green-skinned bounty hunter whom Han Solo killed in Mos Eisley’s cantina?
- Who killed Jabba The Hutt?
- How tall was the actor who played Chewie or Chewbacca?
- Which character did Liam Neeson play in Star Wars?
- According to Yoda, what is the path to the dark side?
- “Command station, this is ST321, code clearance blue,” is the opening line to which Star Wars film?
- “Captain,” is the opening line to which Star Wars film?
- Wookies come from which planet?
Answers: Millenium Falcon, YT-1300 stock light freighter, lightsaber, Anakin Skywalker, Shmi Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, Alderaan, Corellia, Greedo, Princess Leia, 7 ft 3 in at the time of filming, Qui-Gon Jinn, fear, “Return of the Jedi,” “The Phantom Menace, Kashyyyk
If those were too easy for you, let us see if you are ready to answer really hard Star Wars trivia questions. Even those who paid attention to all the films may scratch their heads at these questions. This should be a fun game with other Star Wars fans.
- In the movie, what does AT-ST stand for?
- Which character did Simon Pegg play in the movie?
- In “The Phantom Menace,” what was Darth Maul’s first line?
- Who said, “Greed can be a powerful ally”?
- What was the name of the Admiral whom Darth Vader choked in “The Empire Strikes Back”?
- What was the name of the general portrayed by Indiana Jones actor Julian Glover?
- In “Rogue One,” who was the Imperial General in command of the base on Scarif?
- Who was the last person to jump down the Death Star garbage chute?
- What do you call the wings on an x-wing?
- What is the name of the outer-rim planetoid where Darth Vader’s twins were born? (Hint: Revenge of the Sith)
- During the second Death Star Battle, Admiral Ackbar ordered Green group to stick close to what holding sector?
- What role did Joel Edgerton play in the movie? (Hint: Revenge of the Sith)
- What was Han Solo’s call sign in “The Empire Strikes Back”?
- In “The Last Jedi,” what was the name of the bombardier seen at the beginning of the film on Paige’s ship?
Answers: All-Terrain Scout Transport, Unkar-Plutt (The Force Awakens), “Tatooine is sparsely populated,” Qui-Gon Jinn, Kendal Ozzel, General Veers, Sotorus Ramda, Han Solo, S-Foils, Polis Massa, MV-7, Owen Lars, Echo 7, Nix Jerd
Math trivia questions
Math is a subject in school you either love or hate. If you’re reading this section, chances are you are a mathematician in the making. If you always get high scores on your Math tests and never have a problem when your professor in Math asks a question in class, then you will love this section on Math Trivia. If you are a Math teacher, you may use some of these trivia questions to ask your students. Do note that the questions start easy and can be asked to a Third Grader while the other half of the questions are more difficult to answer.
- What do you call the bottom number of a fraction?
- What is the square root of 36?
- What is 5 squared?
- What is 10 multiplied by 0?
- What are six sevens?
- What is the remainder of 25 divided by 8?
- How many sides does a heptagon have?
- How many legs are there in total on 3 crickets and 2 spiders?
- What does the Roman Numeral “M” represent?
- What number is always less than an improper fraction?
- What do you call the perimeter of a circle?
- What comes after a trillion?
- What number does a “Giga” represent?
- How many zeros does a Googol have?
- What do you call a number divisible by only one and itself?
- How many single squares are on a chessboard?
- What is the smallest positive integer that is a multiple of 3 and 11?
- What do you call the angles in opposite segments?
- What do you call an angle that is less than 180 degrees but more than 90 degrees?
- What do you call a polygon with four unequal sides?
- How many equal sides are on an icosahedron?
- What do you call a straight line that touches a curve but continues crossing it?
- What geometrical shape can you see on the hole that fits an Allen wrench?
- What mathematical symbol did Ferdinand von Lindemann determine as a transcendental number?
- Who was the Greek mathematician who said the morning star and evening star are one and the same?
- What digit did the Arab mathematician al-Khwarizmi give to the West in 800 B/B.?
- What was the most notable development of Islamic mathematics?
- What do you call a flat image that can be displayed in three dimensions?
- What do you call a number system with a base of two?
Answers: denominator, 6, 25, 0, 42, 1, seven sides, 34, 1000, 1, circumference, quadrillion, one billion, 100 zeros Prime number, 64 single squares, 33, supplementary, obtuse, quadrilateral, twenty equal sides, tangent, hexagon, pi (π), Pythagoras, 0, Algebra, hologram, binary
For budding Mathematicians that want more challenging trivia questions, then the next questions are the ones you should have some difficulty answering:
- What letter represents the square root of -1?
- What do you call the product of a series of numbers?
- What do you call the summation of a series of numbers?
- In Math history, which mathematician published the most papers in his lifetime?
- Who invented the (=) equal sign?
- When was the equal sign invented?
- What is short for “binary digit”?
- What century did mathematicians first use the (+) plus and (-) minus signs?
- Who introduced the axiomatic method in 300 BC?
- Apart from Egypt, where were the most ancient mathematical texts discovered during 2000-1800 BC?
- Who referred to Mathematics as “The Queen of Sciences”?
- What is the most prestigious award in Mathematics?
Answers: i, Pi (upper case), Sigma (upper case), Paul Erdős, Richard Recorde, 1557, bit, 16th century, Euclid, Mesopotamia, the German mathematician Carl Friedrich Gauss, The Fields Medal
Harry Potter trivia questions and answers
Hey there Muggles! Have you secretly been wanting to go to school at Hogwarts and been taking tests to find out which Hogwarts house you will be sent to? If you are a big fan of the Harry Potter movie franchise or the novels, then you will certainly be able to answer these trivia questions. Let us begin with general questions that are easy enough for any Harry Potter fan to answer:
- What was the name of Harry Potter’s owl?
- What is the address of the Dursley home?
- What toy did Harry Potter play in the cupboard under the stairs?
- When is Harry Potter’s birthday?
- Where was Harry Potter when he first talked to a snake?
- Where did Harry Potter first meet Professor Quirrell?
- What did Neville Longbottom’s grandmother give him as a gift in his first year at Hogwarts?
- What was Harry Potter’s first broom called?
- What was Harry Potter’s position when he first played in Quidditch?
- With which Hogwarts house did Harry have his first Quidditch match against?
- Who was Harry Potter’s first Quidditch captain?
- Who created the Philosopher’s stone?
- In what vault did Hagrid get the Philosopher’s stone at Gringotts?
- Who was the first wizard that Voldemort murdered?
- In which mirror did Harry Potter see his parents?
- What charm was placed over the Potters’ house to protect the family from Lord Voldemort?
- Which Hogwarts founder created the Chamber of Secrets?
- Who was teasing Moaning Myrtle about her glasses before her death?
- What is the spell to unlock doors?
- Sirius Black turns into what animagus form?
- What is the form of Harry Potter’s Patronus?
- What is the form of Hermione Granger’s Patronus?
- What color are the flames of the goblet of fire?
- What color are Harry Potter’s eyes?
- What legendary animal caught on fire before Harry Potter’s eyes?
- Who was Harry Potter’s first kiss?
- Who did Hermione Granger end up marrying in the movie?
- What was Harry Potter’s job when he grew up?
Answers: Hedwig, 4 Privet Drive, toy soldiers, July 31, 1980, at the zoo, Leaky Cauldron, a remembrall, Nimbus 2000, seeker, Slytherin, Oliver Wood, Nicolas Flamel, Vault 713, Tom Riddle Senior, Mirror of Erised, Fidelius Charm, Salazar Slytherin, Olive Hornby, Alohomora, a dog, a stag, an otter, blue, green, a phoenix, Cho Chang, Ron Weasley, Head of the Auror office
Are you up for challenging Harry Potter trivia questions that will make you feel like a wizard in your first year or worse, be faced with the reality that you are a muggle? Have fun answering these hard questions about the movie:
- What was the full name of Nearly Headless Nick?
- How many staircases does the Hogwarts school have?
- How many possible fouls are there in the game of Quidditch?
- By how many points did Gryffindor win ahead of Slytherin in “The Sorcerer’s Stone”?
- Dumbledore’s scar above his left knee was shaped like what?
- What is the name of the company where Vernon Dursley works?
- In “The Goblet of Fire,” whose statue was placed next to the special lavatory in the prefect’s bathroom?
- In “The Prisoner of Azkaban,” how much did a hot chocolate cost on the Knight Bus?
- In the Hall of Prophecy, on which row can one find the prophecy about Harry Potter and Voldemort?
- In the Quidditch World Cup, which Irish chaser scored the first goal?
- What is the five digit code that you must dial on the telephone in the abandoned red telephone booth in London to get in the Visitor’s entrance to the Ministry of Magic?
Answers: Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington, 142 staircases, 700 possible fouls, 10 points, map of The London Underground, Grunnings, Boris the Bewildered, 15 sickles, Row 97, Troy, 6-2-4-4-2 (spells M-A-G-I-C on a keypad)
Did you have fun with the trivia questions we curated here for you? Share them with your friends and you will soon have a competition to test your knowledge on the topics you love. The trivia we shared here may prompt a movie marathon so you can answer the questions. That is way better than just having to Google the answers.
If you had fun with our sports trivia questions, then you will certainly want to watch a game on TV or at a stadium anytime soon. A lot of these trivia questions send fans down memory lane and we hope that you loved every moment of nostalgia.
Would you like more trivia questions like these? Let us know and we will add more categories to our selection of trivia questions for your family night, sleepover, game night, or even when you’re just hanging out with your friends. Challenge equally-addicted fans like you on a duel or even a debate on what you think are the answers to the questions here.
Check out more fun and interesting questions here on Simplified Skills such as questions to ask on a first date, would you rather questions, ice breaker questions, and more.